Home Marmoset

Complete lighting bake issue (noob)

I have an issue where in a scene with multiple objects, when i bake the full scene.. every object that touches another object is projecting their texture trough the object.
https://gyazo.com/22e3caffb276ce71f8079c5a19034467
Is there an easy way to avoid this? i've looked around and tried a lot already but i'm clueless atm.
i tried baking the object alone but then it loses the shadowcasting...
am i missing a step?

I need the lights baked onto the texture for this.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not sure I fully understand this, but it looks like pixel padding. You can turn pixel padding off with the Padding setting in the Output section of the Baker object properties.

Generally speaking, pixel padding is desirable. It stretches the texture content beyond the UV borders, which will make your textures look better when mip-mapping is used in game engines. With pixel padding off, you'll tend to see bad seam artifacts with mip-mapping.

• valentinajv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for answering,
    i tried that , It didn't seem to make a difference.
    It completely projects the image onto the image it touches i don't understand why or what i'm missing.
    https://gyazo.com/780bfc74805f1321ec89ea69e5d88165 , i lifted up the plate, so you can see the plate and spoon on the cloth beneath it, i just find it odd, it doesn't really look good as a finishing look.
    maybe it's just a marmoset thing.

• WillDettrey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WillDettrey polycounter lvl 11
    Hello @valentinajv, have you tried creating separate Baker Groups or use the Multiple Texture Sets feature? These will isolate either the Group or the Texture Sets into their own bakes and shouldn't create interference between textures and geometry. If you have a Scene Bundle I can examine you can send it to support@marmoset.co and we'll review it and give you feedback regarding it. Thanks!