Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Finished] Street Medic

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
akiratang polycounter lvl 11
Starting on a new character I have worked on this weekend. Thought i'd share my progress so far. 
Planning to make this a low poly character somewhere around 40-50k tris would be my aim.

Main goal is to learn abit of Marvellous designer making the clothing, and to try get better at doing hair as well during the process.

Awesome artwork is by Ian Llanas which can be seen here,  https://www.artstation.com/artwork/kKWyy 

Some WiP shots, 

The rough clothing sculpt here served as a guideline to see how she'll look, so i didnt go crazy on the details and wrinkles as it'll be replaced using MD. I gave her abit of basic polypainting to give her abit more life and helps visualise things. 

Will update more as time goes. 

Replies

• akiratang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First time started making some clothing in MD, i'm abit of newbie in this software but having fun with it most importantly. 

I have a couple questions however, If I did use this garment what would be be the best way to retop this piece? my goal is game res and i'd imagine it might be awkward retopoing the gaps and folds traditionally, or is that still the best method? I use Topogun. 

I also saw some vids of people retopoing the 2D version of their garment and then transferring attributes inside of Maya. Is that worth doing?
  • akiratang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been a little while since last update,

Worked on the high poly on my spare time and this is the first pass. Needs some refining for sure but all in due time. 

• akiratang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Still working on this project, its not dead lol ,but things have gotten hectic since the lockdown. I had some spare time over the course of the couple months to work on her, I really wanna finish her now so I can start something new.

Been working on the low poly, did the retopo, unwrapped and did some test bakes. Needs some cleanup, and its missing a couple meshes, will start texturing this weekend if things go well. 

• akiratang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Some progress shots, started texturing and rendering her out in real time inside of Marmoset. She currently stands at around 55k tris or so with everything, I noticed there is some intersecting with the meshes which will be fixed later. Next week I will try and give her a simple pose and fix the mesh up some more.
  • akiratang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calling this piece done for now, some things that could be improved is maybe some of the texturing and the hair, but I spent so long on the model I kinda wanna just move on lol. Anyways im happy enough with it and hope you guys like it too.

• JuniWonderland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JuniWonderland triangle
    Looks nice :]
    I am not a big fan of the shoedesign, but thats probably just me xD
    I really liek the clothes and especially the jacket, looks really good :D 
  • akiratang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks nice :]
    I am not a big fan of the shoedesign, but thats probably just me xD
    I really liek the clothes and especially the jacket, looks really good :D 
    Thanks!
    Yea looking back at the shoes I didn't put too much effort there as I figured it wouldn't be seen too much , especially up close. But I probably could've made em chunkier or something to make the concept abit more. 

Glad you like the clothes, I wanted to incorporate MD into my work and im glad i got something decent out of it :)