Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[wip] Royal Library

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
jacinta polycounter lvl 5
Hey guys! I started posting about this in my sketchbook thread, but i figured i might as well make a thread specifically for this project! i'm working on creating this concept from Star Academy:  https://www.artstation.com/artwork/OyYeZv

trying to learn and practice a proper modular workflow and want to build it in unreal :) C&C super welcome and needed!! thanks!

Replies

• jacinta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I started working on the statue in the back bc sculpting makes me a bit uncomfortable and i wanted to get really into zbrush again
    base mesh: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/A9aobz

i do plan on making the wings in maya! i wanted to try blocking them out to see how big i wanted them to be in proportion to her body and also just to see if i'd like doing it in zbrush, but i really do think maya would be better for me! 

also i noticed in the concept she is kind of ambiguously grasping the cloth shes holding but im not quite sure i like the look of that so i changed her pose to holding her chest. need to figure out how to do more detailed folds for her dress!

• jacinta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    took a break from sculpting the angel statue and started building the modular bits for my library! 
    concept had some skewed things that i had to fix in perspective but i really do think i got some really great building blocks here! 

making this bit was a bit of a challenge but loads of fun! followed Mark Ehlen's tutorial  by making an alpha and then making it in zbrush. afterword i retopo and cleaned up the flow in maya!

wasn't quite sure how to make this bit so i drew what i thought it looked like in photoshop and made it in maya. i feel like the bottom dangly bit can be made skinnier bc its a bit phallic.. let me know!