Home Adobe Substance

Substance Painter: Directional Wear and Tear - How?

Mecha
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Mecha polycounter lvl 11
Hi,

Basically I've tried to solve this without success. Im trying to get a generator, brush, particles or whatever that would let me imitate wear and tear coming from, lets say, something traveling at high speeds or for a long time. Closest I've gotten on my own is fiddling around with the Dripping Rust Generator and changing the axis. But since its trying to emulate something else entirely Im not really getting the results Im after.

So, does anyone have any suggestions of how I could accomplish this effect?

Thanks,
M

Replies

• zachagreg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    Rain particles can do that actually, change the Gravity Direction to your desired direction then change the Spawn Angle to match your direction as well, what you see in the preview window is what you  will get in the world if the +Z axis is facing you. ie the front of the model. Then up your wind direction until you get an effect you're satisfied with.

You might have to play with your friction as well because it matters if the particle is dragging along the surface or just bouncing off.

Here is the frog sample with everything set to X+ direction and default friction