Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Supergirl - Looking for critique

I have started a project sculpting a bust of supergirl, So far i have made a start on the face, i was hoping to get some critique on the face so far?

Replies

• jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    I think before we can give you feedback, we need more info on what you are trying to achieve.  Are you following a concept (if so please post) are you going for realism, stylized, etc.  
  • CGI_JAMES
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My aim is to model a bust of the top half of the image below, but in a more stylised version. 

I didn't like the face i posted above so, I've done a lot of tweaking and more work on the face. (I've yet to touch the neck)  _>

• BrantAugust
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Based off the reference, I'd say the best feedback I could give would be that the references face seems fuller in the cheeks, and her chin should be a bit wider.  I also noticed that her eyebrows in the reference are further spaced apart, whereas in your sculpt the tips of the eyebrows are closer together.  You're in the early phases of your sculpt though, so it might be better to look at when you're further along.  Some of this stuff you might notice as you work on it, and that is perfectly normal. 
    The reference looks nice, I wish you the best for this project : )
  • CGI_JAMES
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for this, much appreciated.  yer i agree, my next step before i go any further is get the whole thing  blocked in with neck and body. Then further down the line i can post some more WIP.