Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4 Environment] [Finished] Attic Room

Hello there, I am new to polycount but wanted to share my latest environment. Here is a shot from it, you can see more on my artstation, and blog. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/58GLAg. Please feel free to leave feedback, thanks! 

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Nice! I think you did really well on the modeling and texturing side. I do have some critique;
    - Your glass material is all wonk. Is this on purpose? It looks all bubbly.
    - The hearts on the back wall kind of look like emoticons added to the image after render. They don't sit with the rest of the cozy attic scene. If you want to keep them, maybe have one torn off a little, and make them not so red/white so that they stick out so much,
    - Your hanging light bulb is going to wack people in the face as they walk around the room. The scene also doesn't seem nearly bright enough for a bedroom, during the day, with the light on.
    - Your pillow material is throwing me off, but it could be due to the low light.
  • AnthonyWarren3D
    Nice! I think you did really well on the modeling and texturing side. I do have some critique;
    - Your glass material is all wonk. Is this on purpose? It looks all bubbly.
    - The hearts on the back wall kind of look like emoticons added to the image after render. They don't sit with the rest of the cozy attic scene. If you want to keep them, maybe have one torn off a little, and make them not so red/white so that they stick out so much,
    - Your hanging light bulb is going to wack people in the face as they walk around the room. The scene also doesn't seem nearly bright enough for a bedroom, during the day, with the light on.
    - Your pillow material is throwing me off, but it could be due to the low light.
    Thank you for the critique! For my glass material I was experimenting with creating a shader that makes it look like it is raining outside. I used a normal map and a panning node for it, so perhaps I need to tone down the normal map or look at other ways to make it look better. Lighting is something I need to get better at too. I will work on the other critiques too soon, thanks!
  • AnthonyWarren3D
    Sorry it took me awhile to get back but I did update it with feedback I got. Thanks! 

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/58GLAg