Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Help a Total Noob Polish a Map

null
Let's get straight to it.

Playtesters have reported that the map feels pretty empty. As you can see, we still have a few different blockout elements because I know almost nothing about the environment workflow. I am willing to accept any merciless roasting and feedback/ideas. I'm just so stuck xD

Map is called Ill Fortune and built in Unity fyi. 

Replies

• Evren01
    Offline / Send Message
    Evren01 triangle
    There are big platforms like walls, a big bridge alike ground, those are defining your boundries and paths etc. Maybe you can try model and add smaller sci - fi probs here and there. Trashes, old dismembered mech parts, maybe a couple old and useless dead robots and also sci - fi useless vehicles which embedded in soil. Try to narrete a story by using probs. You can always serach for concenpt arts to obtain ideas. 

Look at this for example. There are vehicles and different type objets spreaded on the ground.You can do the same by adapting it for your project.

• Pajama_Boy
    Evren01 said:
    There are big platforms like walls, a big bridge alike ground, those are defining your boundries and paths etc. Maybe you can try model and add smaller sci - fi probs here and there. Trashes, old dismembered mech parts, maybe a couple old and useless dead robots and also sci - fi useless vehicles which embedded in soil. Try to narrete a story by using probs. You can always serach for concenpt arts to obtain ideas. 

Look at this for example. There are vehicles and different type objets spreaded on the ground.You can do the same by adapting it for your project.

That's very helpful reference. I'm going to try to assemble some quick and dirty garbage vectors and maybe spread some more foliage around. Bigger props will take the most amount of time, I've just gotta figure out what I want to actual props to be.