Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Wagon UE4 (Complete)

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
WillPowell polycounter lvl 2
A side project I've been chipping away at whilst working.

Original concept by the wonderful Jang jae ok! 
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ba305k

My ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ba4wEv
Email: willpowellbu@gmail.com

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Hey Will! I like the wagon, but the presentation could be done a lot better. You have a brown-gray wagon on brown-gray dirt with a gray background. It's a bit of a chore to look at. I'd much rather see this wagon on a green field with a blue sky or something, to provide some contrast and colour variation.
  • WillPowell
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Will! I like the wagon, but the presentation could be done a lot better. You have a brown-gray wagon on brown-gray dirt with a gray background. It's a bit of a chore to look at. I'd much rather see this wagon on a green field with a blue sky or something, to provide some contrast and colour variation.
    Cheers for the feedback! Yeah I cobbled together the environment within a day as the main aim was the wagon. Definitely agree with you on adding in some colour and life to the piece, I reckon I'll go ahead and spruce it up a bit this week :)
  • Eric Chadwick
    Great piece. Also the back light is really dull, hard to see the love you put into it. A nice diorama, three point lighting, and a tighter crop could really help it pop.
  • WillPowell
    Offline / Send Message
    Great piece. Also the back light is really dull, hard to see the love you put into it. A nice diorama, three point lighting, and a tighter crop could really help it pop.
    Cheers Eric, I'll take a look in to the lighting and camera placement also, could definitely be stronger and show off some more of the work I did!
  • WillPowell
    Offline / Send Message
    Added in some colour variation to the piece and also got some better camera angles!

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Looks way better! I see a repeating pattern in the grass. Can you stick a bolder in the field, to break it up, and a tree or two to break up the horizon?
  • WillPowell
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks way better! I see a repeating pattern in the grass. Can you stick a bolder in the field, to break it up, and a tree or two to break up the horizon?
    For sure yeah, I did contemplate some bushes and rocks to break up the solid grass