Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Necrolord or Lich

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Bearness polycounter lvl 6
Hello polypeople,

So ive been working on a character sculpt for a while and wanted to show my progress and hopefully receive some feedback.
The idea was the i was going to create an undead warrior but as you will see it changed into more of a necromancer.

So this is where i got after a while and i really enjoyed the skull face so i wanted to build more on that.

After this after finally finding more of a feel for what i wanted i started dropping on some paly paint to help me visualize it better.

i changed some of the facial features and made the ribcage bigger form the last design. I am still working on mutliple spear designs which i will post as soon as i can.

Replies

• Brain_Slave
    Offline / Send Message
    Brain_Slave polycounter lvl 4
    Looking pretty good so far. I really like the colors!
  • Bearness
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Brain, im trying to get a little of that ancient look and feel to the character and the red and gold just go hand in hand haha.

Here are some updates to the model and some staff designs im looking at. Just trying to experiment a little.

• marioffgallo
    Looks pretty cool. 

One thing I would suggest is make the muscles more fibrous with a slim skin, since he is ancient and undead, a look more parched from time would be interesting, like a mummy. The eyes sockets more open in contrast with skull maybe give a creepy feeling.
  • Bearness
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, I have thought of making a more wrinkled skin and i still am thinking of it. But he would have to strat losing mass i think because he would like a mummy be more dried up so it's something im trying to figure out. People also told me he is more of a Lich then a necro mancer so might have to correct that saying he is a powerfull undead mage, not so much necro mancer. For now i am trying to fix the legs and his feet as those were some of areas that needed some more love. I will try to keep posting suggestions or modifications i will be making based on the feedback received.

This is his current state anatomy wise, feedback always welcome.

• Bearness
    Offline / Send Message
    So a little update. I have been showing around the model trying to get some feedback. I tried to itterate some of that feedback into the design. I had the backstory for him that he was a mage in search of power and sold his soul in return for such power. He now is marked and his soul is put to be claimed. I wanted to represent this with the chains he had in his hands but this didnt seem clear enough so i wanted to do something with astral hands trying to reach out to him. These are some of the concepts i came up with so feel free to tell me what you think.

This was the first try in Zbrush:

And this was me trying out things in Photoshop.

• Bearness
    Offline / Send Message
    I had to a lot of trouble with the character and the direction so I chose to redo the research and really try and see what direction i want to take. I chose to remove the ghost aspects of the character as they were very distracting. I chose to go for a more ancient egypt style high priest who when his heart was weighed he was found unworthy and now walks the earth as a terror of the earth. I did want more of the egypt elements in there without having him be a mummy but more of an abomination obsessed with power.