Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Looking for some portfolio feedback and advice

Hello! I was hoping to get some feedback on my portfolio. Very much appreciated. Thanks!
Portfolio: https://craigreidart.com/ 

Replies

• PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    What kind of work are you looking to get with your portfolio? While as some of the work looks nice, it's hard to figure out what advise to give without knowing what direction you want to go.
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    You have an odd balance of items in there.  First off, choose a direction.  Characters, environments, props, etc.  Then tailor your folio to that focus.  Also, most of your stuff feels very abstract and alien.  It's hard to tell if you can create something based in reality.  Most games will deal with stuff that is based on reality.  Even in a scifi alien game, a lot of the designs will be based on stuff we can relate to.  I'm not seeing much in your folio that would tell me you are capable of that.
  • danimal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danimal node
    Great work! Some seem out of place. There is a big difference in work. The mug compared to the flying ship is one. You have plenty of work history, id just showcase the best work. Throw the paintings and early models in a blog or have different sections on the website stating whats production work and whats personal work.
    What ever field you were looking to transition into just highlight the work, as of now id think you were looking to create props for television or film. while giving digital painting a try.

• CraigReidArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback! I do realise there is a mix up of whats on there. I guess the problem is my last few jobs I was doing multiple roles and some the jobs around here are asking for roles that do a bit of everything. Props and film/games would be the main thing i'm interested in and digital painting is just a hobby - I just put some on there because a few places have mentioned some painting skills. The reply about the more realistic props is definitely something I can improve on for the portfolio.