Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Alita Battle Angel (Real Time) - C&C is welcomed

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
andreasav polycounter lvl 3

My 6-week final project for Intermediate term at Think Tank Training Centre. Based on art by Xia Yu as well as Vitaly Bulargarov’s Alita from the film “Alita: Battle Angel”. Many thanks to my mentor, Nicolas Niño. C&C is welcomed. 

Replies

• rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    This is really nice
    but
    the shading or lighting looks off - esp. for the skin. I takes all the details you have and throws it out of the window. 
    Also I would make her look not straight forward but maybe towards the camera. 

Then you might want to improve the hair a bit.

All in all I would say the great model deserves some more polish
  • Nick_Simmons
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nick_Simmons polycounter lvl 4
    Dude this is looking really solid. But I have to agree with rollin: the skin shader and lighting are missing the mark.
    I would also consider maybe ditching the composited crows for the final render it is kind of cheapening the piece in my opinion.

If you would give this piece a  just a few more hours of love it could go from really solid to freaking AWESOME.

• andreasav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    andreasav polycounter lvl 3
    @rollin and @Nick_Simmons, you're both totally right. I can see what you mean, and what I need to do to get to this to "freaking AWESOME". This was a jam-packed 6 weeks project, when it should deserve more time. Currently taking a little break before the next term, but will get back on this.  Will make the changes, and update this post. Ya'll are awesome for sharing your two cents, really good stuff that's much appreciated. Many thanks to you both! :)
  • Nick_Simmons
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nick_Simmons polycounter lvl 4
    @andreasav Right on dude, good work for 6 weeks man your hard work shows through. Your materials are really working well too. What we are critiquing is that pesky last 5-10%. You've put in solid hours here and it shows in a quality model, cant wait to see the updates.