Home Freelance Job Postings

Daz3D model needs sculpted hair and modifications for personal 3D printing project

I have debated placing this project request on this website since because my project is so minor and everyone's talent here is so top tier, but the interest my project is getting on other sites is from artists who have no 3D sculpting examples in their portfolios... so I'm concerned.

As a personal project, I want to 3D print a life-size statue (5'6- 5'8) of Forrest J Ackerman's superheroine Vampirella and have been able to use Daz3D to get a figure fairly close to printing. I'm looking for a 3d artist to help me finish up this Vampirella model so she can be printed. The ideal candidate will be someone who very comfortable with female anatomy, has experience sculpting female hair, and aware of  3D printing (FDM, water-tightness) issues. I'll supply an .obj file of the figure exported from Daz3d and the finished product should similarly be a static figure as an .obj file with no coloring or rigging, but with a few levels of subdivision.

With that out of the way, here is the laundry list of items I'm hoping someone can complete for me as part of this project. One of the images I've included also highlights work areas.

• First-and-foremost, the figure needs sculpted hair. As you can see from severage of the attached images, the character has long mid-back hair with bangs. The hair should be straight (no wind influence) with reasonable volume, does not need to flow over the front of characters shoulders, and the bangs should have a small part in the center. I've included a few images of sculpted hair that I'd like to shoot for. 
  • The collar needs to be upturned (see included images) and not flat against the character's skin as it is now.
  • Left armband needs to be removed. Right armband needs to be reduced in thickness and have a thin band in the center added to close holes between ovals but not enough to engulf the ovals so there is no pattern.
  • Costume needs to touch the skin at all points except for under the breast. This includes the ring that attaches the collar to the costume. The costume also gaps and scrunches between the legs and up the buttocks, this needs to lay correctly.
  • The heels of boots slight increased in thickness (as aesthetically possible) to permit a small metal rod to be centered in it when figure will be mounted to its base.
  • Addition of minor muscle definition in areas of the figure that might be too smooth would be a plus. The legs and buttocks probably don't reflect the character is wearing high heels. This is where you're knowledge of anatomy would be useful.
  • Make sure boots are touching the ground evenly and that front of boots are not upturned too much.
  • Check model for water tightness.

Unfortunately, my budget for this odd little project is only $200, but if this project is something you feel is within your skill set and might be interested in, I welcome hearing from you.

Anthony TenBarge

anthony.tenbarge@gmail.com

Replies