Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] LoL fanart Fiora bust

dizzi
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
dizzi polycounter lvl 6
Hello,
I am making a bust for my favorite champ in LoL, Heres is the splash art for the champion taken from Lol website:

ill eventually put it through the entire pipeline and render in marmoset. My goal for this project is to make her look realistic while also staying true to the characters design
i am currently  sculpting it in zbrush, the hair will eventually be changed its just a rough sculpt for that will serve as a guide for the hair cards.
Any critiques especially about the face are greatly appreciated
Here are some images of the current progress. 

Replies

• dizzi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dizzi polycounter lvl 6
    Little update, I just fixed the underlying anatomy using references so i can better place the shoulder armor, ill have to redo the armor pieces because they are looking too blobby. I also fixed the cheekbones as they were a little flat.

• SDimitrius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SDimitrius polycounter lvl 14
    Lookin good @dizzi ! I'm glad you said you're gonna redo the shoulder armor since they're looking blobby. I was gonna say the same thing.

You might benefit from keeping all of your subtools at relatively low subdivisions while you're nailing down the primary forms. Try to resist the urge to subdivide and jump to details too quick, as that's when things start to get muddy.

It looks like the same thing is starting to happen to her face. It gets difficult to smooth out the muddiness when your subdivision is too high. 

Keep it up!
  • dizzi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dizzi polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks for the help! It means a lot! @SDimitriusThe armor is a pain in the ass to do in zbrush, hopefully it looks less blobby now.
    Currently, i have to finish the arm armor and then ill probably do a damage pass through all the hard surface pieces. Im thinking about how to approach the pore details on the face, i can't decide whether zbrush or substance painter will be better for that.