Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

King Arthur's Throne Room

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
7bajwa polycounter lvl 9
I participated in the Artstation's King Arthur challenge but unfortunately I was not able to finish it. I will finish it so I will be posting updates here. :smile:  

Replies

• 7bajwa
    Offline / Send Message
    7bajwa polycounter lvl 9
    Here is the block out of the scene. Broken the scene into pieces and arranged it in the engine. I will polish the model and add rough textures.

Keep supporting!! :smiley:
  • 7bajwa
    Offline / Send Message
    7bajwa polycounter lvl 9
    I polished the meshes and I added some placeholder textures from textures.com. I am planning to work on props and the main view first then overall scene. Lighting is still a challenge. I am not getting good results after baking. I will keep debugging it. 

Right now I put this on hold. I am waiting for stable UE 4.23 release. I have projects made in different versions that I want to combine into one project so I have access to all the shaders and materials and other assets that I made for other environments. Copy pasting uasset is not working and its hard to make em again and again. I am also planning to make vegetation and lots of other environments. Also Blocktober is approaching and very much excited about that also. Thats it for now. Keep supporting :D
  • MatheusDalla
    Offline / Send Message
    MatheusDalla polycounter lvl 4
    Looking good man, i know you're in a really early stage, but i guess you could reduce the scale of the stones materials, to look more like the concept, and if they are smaller i think the room will look bigger.
  • 7bajwa
    Offline / Send Message
    7bajwa polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah it is still on the blockout stage. I will redo the textures later on after polishing the mesh and planning. You can give interesting ideas for the environment. For now story is "A Throne Awaits" like it is waiting for it's successor.  there will be a crown on the throne.
  • Murozond
    Offline / Send Message
    Murozond node
    Are you following the concept picture as close as possible. To me, the walls in the concept as well as the stairs seem higher than in your blockout. Therefore, raising the ceiling in general would also let the room appear bigger. Maybe add a human reference model to your first blockout renders so we can better understand the size of each mesh. In the concept, it looks to me as if the top of the knight's armour is on the same level as the last step of the stairs
  • 7bajwa
    Offline / Send Message
    7bajwa polycounter lvl 9
    First I was following the same then I go on with what match the scale. First I measured the scene according to the guard and there was a top view of the room. I created and scaled overall according to that. I usually keep all the measurements according to the integer value not points. I also planning to break the scene into pieces so it was not fitting it.
    Then I measured again according to the throne assuming it is 8 ft and everything came under the fixed number. I looked at the references also and looking at the scale of the wall according to the people around it. It came out well and number of stairs in concept doesn't make sense. If that stage is 6-8 ft tall then there will be around 10 steps and 15 smaller steps. I went with 10. that can be changed if needed.
    I usually look at the concept for blockout and mood. many things change according to the gameplay and technical constraints like modular structure. Even for the path in the middle, I want to remove that solid structure and add a long carpet. Lets see how it turns out :D