Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sketchbook: CritiqueMyJunk

Hey, amateur artist, looking for critiques. 
At the moment my focus is 2d digital and traditional.

All references in the image footers (viscom week 2 etc) are from my own fake school thing I put together to model a real curriculum. I got most of the exercises from fzd because they post so much online. 

Anyway here’s some stuff.

Some perspective stuff and a Scott Robertson method render. 

Character designs and attempts at rendering them. Post tribal post apocalyptic type figures with generic jobs like priest guard hunter etc. I think the design specification was “ roles in a tribe with an over arching theme”. It’s basically mad max. 

Alt head

An urban bar interior. This was part of a two part perspective task where you design the exterior and interior. 

Some scenes from various ancient sites. I can’t remember the design specifications. I think the Egypt one was built over a blender render too.

Set in the 50s the design goal was to create an ordinary bedroom that connected to some alter ego. I chose a cold war theme built around an apple pie American nuclear science student. It fit well and had some parallels with noir films of the era. Not the greatest execution though. 

Alter ego design pt 1 (USA side) - It’s 1953 and he’s a brilliant young college student with a future in nuclear science. But he has a dark secret..

Alter ego design pt 2 (Soviet side) - ...he’s a Soviet spy.

A combo of z brush and then paint over. 

Part of some environment rendering stuff. I dont know how to do textures so just focused on flats. 

Spitfire. Perspective construction and render. 

Real rough sketch with some bad photo bashing which I shouldnt be doing. . 

Anyway, hit me with some crits. 

Replies