Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Showcasing My Tree Bark Substance- Critiques Welcome

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Ida_Jay polycounter lvl 5
I wanted to make my first tree bark substance for my personal project. I did some learning from a list of artist and how they approach making the base shape for bark. I applied the techniques and incorporated what I know with making wood floors and hoped for the best. This was a tough learning experience. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/dO68n3

Replies

• KrisLW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KrisLW polycounter lvl 5
    I think you've done a fantastic job! Although I suppose it depends what kind of tree bark you were aiming for - but we have palm trees where I live that have bark just like this, so for me, it checks out!  =)
  • Ida_Jay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ida_Jay polycounter lvl 5
    KrisLW said:
    I think you've done a fantastic job! Although I suppose it depends what kind of tree bark you were aiming for - but we have palm trees where I live that have bark just like this, so for me, it checks out!  =)
    Honestly I made sure I could do it first lol. This was my first shot at it. I've made wooden floor before. So the entire time I had my fingers crossed that it would come out coherent enough. I was looking at more than one tree....Which in hindsight is kind of unguided. I'll shoot for a specific Bark on my next one.

Thank you!!!!