Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Mage Study - Potion Maker

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Danginator polycounter lvl 6
So I did this doodle a while back and decided to turn it into 3D.

This is what I have so far. I'm thinking of adding some more stuff to the scene to make it look more busy.

Replies

• Danginator
    Offline / Send Message
    Did some more sketching to the doodle and decided that this mage is going to be some kind of potion maker

There's now a second wall to ground the scene which also allowed me to add more things, like the box of potions and maybe some more books on the ground.

• Danginator
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello friends, it’s been a while. Sorry for being mia but I am back and will continue posting updates on the project. Truth be told, I’ve been feeling uninspired and unmotivated to do this project during these past couple of weeks. :s It eventually made me worried about not being able to finish it, so I picked myself back up and am now determine to continue on with the work.

As for the update of the project, I have started texturing the foliage and changed the tree in the corner to something a little more drastic. I’ve also put the scene in Unreal as it will be rendered there. I’ll have a rough color on everything else so I can see what the scene looks like as a whole and will tweak the textures as I go.

• CybranM
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM greentooth
    The sketches are superb, I especially like the jar with a caterpillar.
    Looking forward to seeing the finished 3d model :smiley:
  • Danginator
    Offline / Send Message
  • HixaLupa
    Offline / Send Message
    HixaLupa triangle
    Your sketch style is so cute, I'd love to see the final product! I reckon you could totally add more polys to the big leaf, you can see it's quite low poly right now :) Keep it up!
  • Danginator
    Offline / Send Message
    @HixaLupa Thank you so much! :) Ah I see. Yeah, I can try adding a few more polys to it. Hmm and maybe the vines and the tree branches in the back, too now that I'm looking at it again.

I got everything UV unwrapped, which btw, I found out about the Cut and Unfold method as well as the Layout button in Maya and oh. my. gosh. did it save me a lot of time unwrapping! :3  So after I get those few meshes updated, I'll be bringing the scene into ZBrush to start painting.
  • Danginator
    Offline / Send Message
    I got a rough base color on some big things like the wall and floor. I'm unsure how I feel about the green and red, but I'll play around with it a bit more and see where it goes. Here's a side by side of the lit and unlit scene in Unreal. I haven't built or played around with any of the lights yet so I'm just using the default lighting for now.

• Caiterade
    Offline / Send Message
    Caiterade polycounter lvl 3
    V cute. V cozy.