Home Marmoset

Baking multiple materials, what do I need?

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
bitinn polycounter lvl 6
I am baking an object (single mesh) with multiple materials, with Multiple Texture Set enabled, I find my second material doesn't bake (the maps are created but contain no information from high, eg. just "black")

My UV looks like this:

- My high only has 1 material, do I have to match the same number?

- I tried Texture Offset option, but neither -1 nor 1 on either U or V works, the Wrap mode is set to "Repeat" already.

No sure what I am missing?

Replies

• bitinn
    Offline / Send Message
    bitinn polycounter lvl 6
    OK, so as I feared, Toolbag expects uv islands to be in the default 0-1 space, no offset allowed. (at least, I can't find an option to make it work; putting uv islands back to 0-1 space definitely works)

This makes multi-material baking a bit annoying (mostly because UV editor isn't that great in Blender, I have to overlay uv islands from different materials... unless I split the mesh manually).

• EarthQuake
    Yeah, you'll need to keep the UV content within the 0-1 space. Anything out of 0-1 will be ignored.

It works this way so that artists can move things, like instanced or mirrored elements, out of the 0-1 space. This lets you control what will and will not bake.