Home Freelance Job Postings

Stylized character models for rpg

snacktime
null
I need a stylized character model that better fits the game.  Not the final models but good enough for doing some demo's.  The prototype models  we using are just too far off from what will eventually be in game.

Our art style is a sort of hybrid between the faceted low poly look and more typical stylized.   So what I'm not 100% certain on is whether to go with hard edges on the character model.  But I think we will this round and see how it works out.  Will just have to see how it balances out, vert count vs the definition I'd like to see.  I'd say around 2.5k verts though would be our max, we will be animating several hundred in game and the vert count matters a lot there.

Single model but with a few extra's in the composition.  I need a single rigged mesh so I can use the rig for animation.  I also need the mesh split into I think 4 parts.  Lower, chest area, head, and hair.  Hair and eyes I want to be distinct but they can be simple.  For the mesh parts I want separate textures and uv mapping.  I'll be combining the parts and creating the texture atlas at runtime.  This is all to basically have a cheap customization system for the time being that is mostly in line with how we will handle it with the final models.

I can be contacted at chris@ochsnet.com