Home Adobe Substance

Changing LP model while texturing to other version

Peksio
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Peksio polycounter lvl 4
Hello. I like to texture my models in explode, to be able to see better each element. But once in a while I would like to see all of them together. I wanted to achieve this by selecting "Project configuration" and changing my low poly model (same geo, uvs etc. just diffrent position of elements) but after that, some elements of my model are going white/empty. Why is it happening ?

Or maybe there is some better way to achieve my "preview" ?

Thanks

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Actions are recorded in 3d space in Substance Painter so any action you did on the viewport will be invalidated if your mesh changes drastically, since there won't be any geometry left where you initially clicked when you selected/painted stuff.

One trick you could use is importing a scene with both the exploded and non exploded versions, the non-exploded version having its UVs offset by one quadrant so they don't interfere with the painting. You won't be able to hide it though.
  • Peksio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peksio polycounter lvl 4
    But if I have two models one below another it will distort moving around my scene.

So, the fastest way is to prepare another substance scene and import all textures there ?
  • Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Yeah you can do that too.
  • Cyaneyed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyaneyed polycounter lvl 5
    I usually have problems with this if I've accidentally painted directly inside a mask, without using a paint layer to contain the masking information.  If you have lots of masks this could be your problem.