Home Marmoset

Baking AO - Error Showing Polygons

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
apollo580 polycounter lvl 9
Hi Everyone,

I'm giving the marmoset baker a show since it seems to be working very well and way quicker then substance painter. But I ran into an issue with my model. The model is broken up into 3 parts and 2 of the parts baked perfectly fine no errors. I'm trying to bake the normals and AO map and it seems that marmoset is picking up the polygons of my low poly and baking it into the normals. I tried the exact same low and high poly models in substance painter and there are no issues. Normally I get this kind of error if I don't soften my model before exporting from Maya but right now I've tried a ton of different settings and no luck :(

Here are some reference pictures

Any advice will be appreciated!

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Can you please send a description of the problem along with your high and low poly meshes, and your .tbscene to support@marmoset.co so we can debug this problem? Thanks
  • apollo580
    Offline / Send Message
    apollo580 polycounter lvl 9
    Can you please send a description of the problem along with your high and low poly meshes, and your .tbscene to support@marmoset.co so we can debug this problem? Thanks

I actually managed to fix the problem or atleast remove it. I had to manually delete the materials I had for the preview, bake my maps, and then reapply them to the mesh. Thank you for helping!