Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Megascans materials parametric properties

davide445
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
davide445 polycounter lvl 2
For my project need to be able to change by scripting the materials properties.

Looking at Megascans as potential source for base materials I can use to derivate a new set, want to know where I'm starting from, so if there is any documentation about the base value used to create these materials.

Since Mixer it's not scriptable I wil need to change the materials in another tool, starting with them as base reference.

There is any structured materials parameters database from whom I can start from.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hi David!

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here - it seems like you might be asking for a method to change the material properties of the scans in Mixer? This is unfortunately not possible, scanned data is solidified and not something that can be changed into a completely different material as though it had editable layers, at least not without modifying the texture using the Mixer app to blend it and work with it.
  • davide445
    Offline / Send Message
    davide445 polycounter lvl 2
    Thanks for your answer. Digging more on the topic what I'm searching for is procedural texturing, manageable from external scripts. In my research I find only a couple of software able to doing so, all of them node based, so I suppose no luck with Megascans materials. 
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    That's correct, scanned data is currently not capable of being edited in real-time like you'd edit a mathematical texture.