Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Expedition to Atmora - Icebergs and ice cliffs

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Chuwakcz23 polycounter lvl 4
I'm working on Beyond Skyrim - Expedition to Atmora Project and was tasked with creating some icebergs and ice cliffs. I'm enthusiastic about doing this stuff, because It's a very good practice creating environment assets for game development.

Skyrim is a pretty old game and doesnt support the PBR workflow and other stuff I was used to working with. The assets I'm creating are using tileable textures but you cant combine normal maps so I can't bake down from high poly and have to create all the details in the low poly model. I'm going to create a few big ones and also a massive arch and some small icebergs as well. The polycount is between 500 to 2000 triangles. I also have to create 3 sets of LODs.

This is the work I have so far

Some of the references I'm using

I've did a basic blockout for a few types of icebergs I've liked from the reference

I've did the high poly models with some displacement modifiers before I knew i won't be baking normals but they came in handy for decimation.

This is one finished arch. I've rendered it in Blender using the textures I was given. You can see the size comparison as well. This one has about 1800 triangles

Tell me what you think and keep the suggestions coming, it's much appreciated!