Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Unable to export to Unity without subscription?

Belome
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Belome polycounter lvl 5
Hello, I'm using Bridge Version 2.6.26 (2.6.26) on OSX.

When I try to export to Unity it prompts the "Subscribe Now" modal. Do I really have to be a subscriber to export assets that I have already purchased?

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hi Belome!

Bridge is a subscription-based tool, and as such its export functionality requires an active subscription. Let me know if there's any other questions I might be able to assist you with.
  • Belome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Belome polycounter lvl 5
    So you do not allow users to export assets that they have previously purchased unless they have an active subscription? Before your recent changes I was able to export assets even when my subscription was inactive. I'm an indie dev that does not use too many assets, so I subscribe when I need more points to purchase specific assets.

You proudly advertise "...one thing that we know has bugged you, (and us), is you being locked out of your stockpiled points if your subscription is inactive. You can now use your stockpiled points whenever you want, even without an active subscription. This applies to all customers, old and new, effective immediately."

So you let users with inative accounts spend their previously locked points, but you do not actually let them export to their game engine?

This feels like deceptive marketing, in that you state that users with an inactive subscsription can now still use their points, but you omit the very important fact that they cannot actually export the purchased assets with an inactive subscription. What good is spending points with an inactive subscription, if you can't even export them to your game engine?
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    You can export the assets manually by using the Bridge as a viewer and opening the containing folder of the asset(s), but the export scripting behavior that's part of the Bridge integration is subscription-based. The export functionality, which itself basically automates everything for the user, is considered part of the subscription service. The Bridge tool itself will still allow you to view and manually export assets from their folder locations by adding them to an engine yourself.