Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Toon Link Running Feedback

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
NotAMurloc polycounter lvl 4
Greetings,
I recently did my first character animation in 3ds Max, using a stylized model.
There are alot of movements I am not too happy about , but I decided to stop working on it as I struggle figure out what is bothering me and how to fix it.
I would welcome any suggestions on how to improve my future animations.

Kind Regards

Replies

• slrove
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slrove polycounter lvl 5
    You have the same issue I had, the project settings is set to private.
  • NotAMurloc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slrove said:
    You have the same issue I had, the project settings is set to private.
    Thank you , didnt notice , I set it to Public now
  • tholmes3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tholmes3d polycounter lvl 11
    Nice work! These are the main things that stuck out to me:

- Feet: I'd try holding them on the ground for 1 more frame to get a good extended push-off pose. Right now it feels a bit floaty because that push-off isn't earned.
    - Hat: Are there any more controls towards the tip you can use to get a more complex shape? It'd be nice to see some subtle S shapes in there as waves up and down. 
    - Arms: Look at reference. Right now you arms are going forward and backward on the same cadence as the legs. Usually they are offset just a little bit which helps tie the action together as a wave through the body, instead of everything landing on the same frame with each step.
    - Head: Try reducing the amount of side to side twist/translation in the head. If this is for a game, then maybe what you have is good given that he'd be small on screen. But if this is just for your demo reel and we are meant to see it up close like this, then it feels like a lot.
  • NotAMurloc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @tholmes3d Thanks a lot, I will work on improving it!
    oh and this is just some practice as I am just starting to learn this , not for a game or a showreel
    But its interesting, I didnt have things like the view on the character in mind while doing the animation