Home Career & Education

What do you do besides 3d ?

focus_method
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
focus_method polycounter lvl 4
Hello to y'all,
New member here,I know most of you are into 3d art ( and art generally) but what is your primary focus in life? what is your job ?
are most of you guys students? freelancers? working in companies as full time artists/animators/designers/modellers etc ?
you guys living of 3d art ? 
how old are you ?

Just want to get better insight of what type of people are here on this forum ?

Replies

• Spag_Eddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spag_Eddy greentooth
    36. Old AF. A few white hairs in weird places. Left previous career two years ago to go into debt and risk everything to self-learn 3D art full-time as an investment into my future happiness and sanity. A lot of my friends and family think I'm an idiot, I've yet to build a solid argument against it.

My life these days is a full-time schedule of seeking that first career opportunity while feeling hopelessly lost, working on personal 3D art projects to ignore feelings of being hopelessly lost, learning and improving my 3D art skills so I can keep up with the young'uns, going to the beach and peeing polygon primitives into the sand, and cooking/eating lots of horribly bland spaghetti while thinking about 3D art and the potential bad life decisions that brought me to this point in my life. Sometimes I get too drained and crash on the couch and put a horror movie on in the background, I guess that's kind of a hobby? Then of course I have to make time for my girlfriend and the animals or else they would all be mad and hate me and I'd probably die a lonely mess.

Welcome to Polycount, young grasshoppah!
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    30. A few years back I was bumming it in the bush and somehow I managed to get married despite having zero money, no car, and living in a glorified shack with no electricity or water. (yes, i was stinky. secret is persistence, guys. find a woman and once you bite don't let go. that's all.)

anyway, wife didn't want to live there forever so we both had to get jobs. I did a bunch of dumb shit before stumbling on 3d, which seems like a pretty cool job. hoping to get a suitable portfolio done in the next several months and start applying for jobs.
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    A ton of people on this forum are professionals, and a ton are not. I'm actually a commercial insurance underwriter doing 3D art on the side. I also spend a lot of time making electronic tunes. There are people of almost all ages on this forum, although there is a bit of a bell curve it seems. Welcome to the forum :)
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    I'm kinda doing both 3D art and Three.js/Javascript at my new job come April.. so a bit of both!
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    50+. I'm an outlier though. Was a games artist full-time for 25+ years. Now doing CG outside games, and helping run Polycount.

Welcome to Polycount! 
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    34 - Tank Artist for Wargaming. I tend to concentrate life on my friends and family w / 2 little kids since they are what make me truly happy.

Before I had kids I had my priorities all messed up but once my first came along it was quite amazing how quickly my priorities and outlook changed. I try to spend as much time as possible with them and leave work at work but I do still play games at home. I also still play hockey which I have done my entire life, its my only physical activity lol but its important to GET OUT AND LIVE 

Welcome Welcome, Polycount helped me nail my first job due to some fantastic members who helped me along
  • Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    i'm 28. i'm bar-backing and working for my wife's landscaping business. i'm a couple years into this obsession with 3D and it's probably my only real passion nowadays, aside from my family.

glad you've joined us, we've been expecting you. ;)
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

Greetings, welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the ride :)

Well I'm an 'old' bugger, just turned 58 this month, along the way acquiring a varied assortment of employment and life experiences, from my first job fresh out of high school as a Hospital Orderly, Labouring, Car Assembly Plant, Street Artist, Traditional Portraitist, Military Service too very recently even a partime stint going it alone picking up a couple of freelance gigs which I have to say was an absolute challenge for me in terms of both mental and indeed physical demands one had to face daily...basically really trying not to f*ck it all up.

Anyhow much akin to working as a recon scout in a assault troop section back in the day : / but that all said learnt a hell of a lot about myself when stepping outside the comfort zone as an artist. Anyway nowadays working as a security guard just paying the bills and getting by whilst doing art when time permits which by the way will remain a driving life's passion right up until I kick the bucket.

Cheers.  

• shoncee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shoncee polycounter lvl 7
    Welcome to the forum!
    Well let's see, I've just turned 41 this past January and been struggling with my decision to purse 3D art. Like @Spag_Eddy I gave up my job as a print graphic designer to pursue a profession in 3d environment modeling. It's been a hard road so far as I've built models, hated the model did another model, found a ton of errors in that model scraped that one and did another. I guess all in all I haven't finished a model since I did a training course with Gnomon workshop back last year! But I love 3d modeling and hopefully, all the practice and learning pays off and lands me that dream job! 

As it stands I"m currently doing freelance work as a graphic designer to pay bills as I can't work in a sweaty print shop again. Anyways, here's to you and the dreamers on here waiting for that big moment to finally get that much desired and deserved break that will one day come!

Cheers,

Shoncee
  • RyanB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    19 years in games, mainly vfx and tech art.  Also lighting and environments.  Mobile, PC, Console and now VR.  Full-time VFX artist currently.
  • lefix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lefix polycounter lvl 11
    35, I have started learning programming, and it has opened the doors to a lot more interesting hobby projects for me.
    I also do sports every once in a while, going through different phases, most recent being boulder climbing. And I love playing video games or board games with friends. My ultimate dream is to get a dog, but current lifestyle has no room for a dog yet :D
  • Amaury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amaury polycounter lvl 7
    24 years old, been doing 3D for 5,5 years counting my student days, now I've been working as a character artist for 1,5 year
    it was definitely my primary focus when I was in school, most of my time was dedicated to character art, always thinking about it, waking up browsing artstation, working on personal stuff, eating in front of the computer browsing artstation, etc

now, not so much, if I could go back in time I would take that shit less seriously and try to live a real life, not wasting it all in front of a screen and losing friendships

i'm trying my hand at electronic music and learning synthesis now, i'm quite interested by fashion and graphic design as well, will probably try learning sewing, screenprinting and embroidery sometime later, it would be cool if I created my clothing brand
  • Biomag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Biomag sublime tool
    35... dropped a job working in a legal department and my former education to get into games and start from scratch at the age of 30. It finally paid off. Besides the job its still a lot of learning and working on portfolio in my spare time so not too much else going on.
  • X-One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    X-One polycounter lvl 18
    36. Been making art since primary school and its always been my passion. Worked for a bank for a long stretch, but started working in 3D professionally around 2009. I've always wanted to make games, but I've ended up doing almost everything else, except games. 

Still working towards actually making real games. 
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    31, been working in the industry for almost 11+ years now. Learned some 3d in high school and then went the self taught route to avoid student loans/stepping foot in a classroom after high school hahah. Also slowly building a youtube channel/brand based around teaching game art and industry info style stuff which I intend to eventually turn into a side hustle/business after building a decent sized audience. 

besides working in games I really enjoy backpacking/traveling and spending time at the gym. a couple years ago I went to Vietnam and bought a motorcycle for $200 and spent a month riding from the north to the south of the country, proably one of the most interesting and fulfilling experiences of my life, I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a bit of adventure in their life. sold the motorbike for $180 at the end of the trip, so it literally cost me 20 bucks to own a motorcycle in vietnam...for a month :D 

jesus this is starting to sound like a tinder profile :D 
  • defragger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    defragger sublime tool
    30. after working in serious games for 7 years I realised that serious games are way too serious :D
    Now trying to make an indie game and build a studio around it. Pretty time consuming so not much else going on.

Welcome to Polycount!
  • garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth
    30. Environment Artist at Hardsuit Labs.
    Dabbled with 3D very little around 2006-2007, but started learning it in college in 2008. 

I do seem to enjoy playing some indie games or games that aren't as popular or well-known (kind of). Never owned a PS1-4, or any of the Xbox consoles, just anything Nintendo aside from the Wii U. I kind of missed out on a lot of games over the years, because of time (this was mainly when I was trying to break in, and was in film/vfx, and would use to just watch a bunch of walkthroughs. This is a bunch of info, but this leads me to playing a bunch of games on other platforms. Got into iPhone games early on, and a few on PC. Recently, I've just been looking at whatever's on the Switch.

Now, I'm into boxing, just as a workout (I use to be chubby way back, didn't care much about health and more about breaking in). I do like to travel, but I need a reason lol and it's always something game dev-related now. SF because of GDC, LA because of E3, Seattle just because I love it and there are a bunch of studios around here, and was in San Diego starting out. Portland.. I just visited, but now that reminds me, I need to check out the PIGSquad or Portland Indie Game Squad, Vancouver, BC just of a Unity Dev Day event and Capcom event years back, etc. Montreal, QC is on my radar, same as Austin, TX, and maybe Chicago (not sure yet).

I might be way too career-oriented lol, that's all. I'll be open to a few things, but I know I'll be close-off on some things. It's an interesting perspective, over the years of trying to break in a game studio, and then finally in one on-site, looking out.
  • Zi0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
    28, studied 3D Visual Arts, worked for two companies and did some freelance. Currently I am going trough recruitment process and hopefully I will find my first serious employment! Next to 3D I like playing airsoft and I like to travel. I also did some martial arts in the past.
    Oh and obviously video games!

@sacboi How is that King Tiger coming along? :smile:
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Hobbies wise: house/new style hustle/breaking/jamaican dancehall dancer,, volunteer caterer, Area Service Lead for Gamers For Good, Scottish Highland Bagpiper
    Character Artist, full-time atm
    Yes

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Eric Chadwick
    You're 50+?  Man, you looked late 40s tops
  • Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    @Eric Chadwick
    You're 50+?  Man, you looked late 40s tops
    The youthful juices of polycount at work
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually I'm 90+ just don't tell the wife.
  • JordonBritz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordonBritz polycounter lvl 6
    20, Environment Artist, started in the industry professionally about 2 1/2 months ago.
    Started learning 3D the self taught route when I was 17, lived and breathed it until I finally got in, and still do.

Hobbies wise, still play games when I have the time, but I've mostly been working and trying to get a social life in a new city where I know almost no one  :D

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    20, Environment Artist, started in the industry professionally about 2 1/2 months ago.
    Started learning 3D the self taught route when I was 17, lived and breathed it until I finally got in, and still do.

Hobbies wise, still play games when I have the time, but I've mostly been working and trying to get a social life in a new city where I know almost no one  :D

https://www.facebook.com/events/415288195882376/
  • zachagreg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    23, 3D artist in military and avionics currently. Working towards game industry. Went through 4 years of university for game development only to drop out because starting my career was more important to me than whatever they were throwing at me. (Bad experience wouldn't recommend)

Play games when I have time and I enjoy cooking with my wife when she isn't out of town for film industry. She does costuming. Trying to get back into a fitness routine, since that's been a big part of both our lives, and we both have been failing miserably due to the recent move and our wedding as well as other excuses lol. 
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

Zi0 said:

@sacboi How is that King Tiger coming along? :) 

Heh!...well it's been in stasis for a while, really should take more notice of my own and others advice:

"...less flapping of the gums and more work, please" 

Get right on it...promise :)

• Zi0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
    Get right on it...promise :)
    Awesome! :smile:
  • Andreicus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreicus polycounter lvl 6
    Actually I'm 90+ just don't tell the wife.
    Eric doesn't get old, he matures.
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    41 now, but still taking home young birds to make up for it. ;) Been freelancing on and off for donkey's years. Self-taught in 3D. Professional construction background so I do 6 month stints in Australia every year to stack enough cash to travel around the world for the other 6(went to China/Spain/Morocco/Israel/Turkey/and home to Ireland for a while last year) and freelance from my laptop. My motto - being an Irishman - is to always stay in the sunshine. Not a bad life, really. Hoping to move to Spain in the next year and retire fully from construction(unless my heavy crypto bag takes off sooner) and concentrate full-time on freelancing. I never plan more than a few months ahead, though. Too boring.

When I'm not on Civil construction sites or buried in my laptop, I'm playing my beautiful Cordoba Flamenco guitar or riding my Ninja ZX6R, or getting pissed and singing traditional Irish songs.......
  • Melazee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Melazee polycounter lvl 11
    27. Worked at TT Games for a few years on the LEGO games, now I'm a University lecturer. I'm pretty chill and happy, I definitely prefer teaching than being in industry, for now anyways. I mostly 3D model and draw in my free time, it's my life, but I also like cooking =P 
  • neilberard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neilberard polycounter lvl 17
    @Spag_Eddy, Good luck with your endeavor! I've seen a lot of folks (even with kids!) jump in later in life and were able to build successful careers.

As for me, turning 37 next month. Worked as Character Artist / 3d Modeler for a number of years and eventually transitioned over to Technical Art. Found myself really enjoying the engineering side of things. Started with mel scripting/python and now focusing on C++. 
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    (unless my heavy crypto bag takes off sooner)
     @musashidan looks like we're in the same boat haha
  • m_asher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m_asher node
    I'm technically a technical writer, but the group of clients I work with throw me at everything from audio production to motion graphics. I started exploring 3d art as a hobby after working an ArchViz-adjacent contract, mainly as a way to make battlemaps and handouts for my D&D campaign, and it's slowly snowballed into something I do for money.

When I'm not being professionally sedentary, I cook.
  • TheGabmeister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheGabmeister interpolator
    26. I'm a co-founder of a VR startup for airline cabin crew training simulators. I'm primarily the one who does the 3d modeling in our team.

Other than being a 3d artist, my hobbies include playing musical instruments (piano and violin), going for some outdoor exercise (jogging and swimming), and learning foreign languages (Japanese and Chinese). I want to learn how to cook as well. When the time is right.

As for playing games, I only play probably around 10 carefully selected games per year. These days, I avoid time-sinking open world games unless they are Game-of-the-Year contenders.
  • Spag_Eddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spag_Eddy greentooth
    @Spag_Eddy, Good luck with your endeavor! I've seen a lot of folks (even with kids!) jump in later in life and were able to build successful careers.
    Thanks, mate! I'm excited for the future!
  • Invidelis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Invidelis polycounter lvl 2
    28, modelling/environment artist in AA. For 4 years in the industry now.

Studied Industrial design before transitioning to 3D.

Looking for a hobby currently.
  • Justo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    Been jumping around the world for this 3D art gig - Argentina, Mexico, Spain, now Poland (and happy to be here so far). Made shitty drawings since I was kid, then a national mention for an english art exam mark in Argentina, then Bachelor in Animation and Digital Arts in a shitty university which forced me to learn on my own, then paid 3D work. I love my job. 

Now I focus on having a social life, make progress on my art portfolio & gamedev personal goals. Dancing in different dance school 5 times a week and getting laid, gym, learning my fifth language (polish is so hard u guys), putting time into making personal art, learning gamedev in UE4. I rarely play any games these days, though the itch will always grow so big I'll have to put one of my other activities on hold for a month or so. Watching YT helps not go crazy on this.

@neilberard What has been your experience on salaries between all the positions you've been in? Does technical art pay the most? This entails coding tools for other artists, handling engine-specific tasks, setting up engine shaders or materials, R&D of new pipelines?

@musashidan I'll always say your life is such a wild story. What was the best place you lived in and why? What was the worst one?

• Gustavo_Elliott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gustavo_Elliott polycounter lvl 4
    23, I am a self-employed Locksmith, have been for the past four years almost... It got me through an Associate's degree in Game development and hopefully will carry me until I land a solid position as a 3d artist somewhere.  I work on portfolio pieces mostly these days, not too much of a personal life outside of home and work.
  • NikhilR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NikhilR polycounter
    So...
    Since the topic of getting laid keeps popping up and is clearly a vital piece of public information, it got me thinking and now I have some questions. 

Important -> "How many of us are getting laid besides doing 3d art?"

Does your art get you laid, or does getting laid make you produce better art?
    Does the amount of times you get laid equal to the no of artworks in your portfolio.
    Or does quality over quantity matter here as well?
     Do you treat your lays as you do your art, i.e when you have to get the best layer, you go through your list of lays and remove the layers that aren't as good as your most recent lays?
    Do you use multiple layers? What breeds do you usually use and do you build specific environments to get them to lay good eggs?

Thing is, I'm thinking of keeping a couple of chickens since eggs here in Montreal don't always go on sale especially for the 18-24 packs.

Anyone have experience with this? I've been doing far too much 3D to figure out the best way to get a bird and lay myself a good egg. 

Still waiting on that bird to come through that door... (source - Orville)
    https://atomicsupermen.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/theorvilles01e02001.jpg

That said, I've been learning french and getting to know the city.
  • zachagreg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    NikhilR said:
    So...
    A whole bunch of stuff
    Get 5 dozen at a time and get mad yolked. Getting yolked gets you laid
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    If more 3d artist were getting laid, I expect artstation would be much less raunchy.

Just get married guys. Then you get what you need, and you can focus on everything else. But remember the immortal wisdom of the Spice Girls : "If you wanna be my lover, first you got to be my friend."
  • NikhilR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NikhilR polycounter
    zachagreg said:
    NikhilR said:
    So...
    A whole bunch of stuff
    Get 5 dozen at a time and get mad yolked. Getting yolked gets you laid
    That's going to be quite the sticky situation. 
    And it still doesn't answer my question of where to get the chickens to lay the eggs to get yolked with.
    Kinda sadistic, get them laying, then yolk myself. 
    Might affect their confidence.
    (no double yolk ...sob..)
  • neilberard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neilberard polycounter lvl 17
    @Justo, It depends on the type of studio and your skill set. The big advantage is that there is a much higher demand for tech artists out there thus giving you the freedom to be more picky about where you work. 
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo said:

@musashidan I'll always say your life is such a wild story. What was the best place you lived in and why? What was the worst one?

Hehe. Well, I won't deny I have my share of crazy stories all right. :D Mate, you sound like you're living a pretty interesting life yourself.

Best place I've ever lived in is Andalucia in Southern Spain. No matter where I've been around the world I've always had a special place in my hear for Southern Spain. Amazing history. Amazing culture. Amazing women(or birds if you have the same avian fetish that @NikhilR seems to have) Beautiful language. Beautiful weather. Great motorcycling roads. Their lifestyle and attitude towards life is very special - and I would say this applies to Mediterranean countries in general. Also, the fact that I am obsessed with flamenco guitar/music helps. I plan to buy an old house there next year that I will renovate as a project. I've always wanted to do that.

Worst place is harder as there are a few. I've lived in some pretty shitty parts of my hometown in Dublin, Ireland. The part of Rotterdam in the Netherlands was a shithole. Islamist enclave and about as filthy and hostile a place as I've ever lived(the complete opposite of the beautiful part of Utrecht where I lived that was all native Dutch)

I also lived in the projects in Spanish Harlem in New York when I was in my early 20s. That was pretty insane and dangerous after dark. We had some pretty dodgy incidents with Dominican gangs during that time. :)

How is Poland treating you? Nice life?
  • NikhilR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NikhilR polycounter
    If more 3d artist were getting laid, I expect artstation would be much less raunchy.

Just get married guys. Then you get what you need, and you can focus on everything else. But remember the immortal wisdom of the Spice Girls : "If you wanna be my lover, first you got to be my friend."
    i think given our industry getting laid off is more likely than getting laid lol.

I have family in spain. Spain doesnt seem to have many studios though to work at.
    Hopefully freelance work is strong that itll be possible to live anywhere and earn your keep (or coop as far as birds go)

Justo said:

Hehe. Well, I won't deny I have my share of crazy stories all right. :D Mate, you sound like you're living a pretty interesting life yourself.

Best place I've ever lived in is Andalucia in Southern Spain. No matter where I've been around the world I've always had a special place in my hear for Southern Spain. Amazing history. Amazing culture. Amazing women(or birds if you have the same avian fetish that @NikhilR seems to have) Beautiful language. Beautiful weather. Great motorcycling roads. Their lifestyle and attitude towards life is very special 

• Justo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    @musashidan
    Krakow is great. Its biggest issue is the smog during winter, but the government seems to be making an effort to stop it, which is at least better than what the gov did in my previous city, Monterrey, Mexico, where they ignored it and it was an all-year problem.

The prices are ridiculously cheap, which if you earn good helps make some big savings. The food is decently good if you know where to go, and personally I find eastern european girls the most beautiful. And they like latinos too hehe, there's not many of us here and that makes us a bit exotic I suppose. I think (no real facts though) Poland has slowly been investing in the videogames industry after CDPR's success, which means there is a lot more awareness and willingness to invest in studios here. Workplace has its ups and downs like anywhere else, but all in all I'm quite satisfied with how things are going here :) 

Good luck with your Spanish dreams too. I lived a year in Alicante, can recommend it too as a great, decently cheap, southern coast city. Lots of young people there partying, pero desafortunadamente cuando yo estuve ahi no pude aprovechar mucho de la fiesta porque estaba estudiando todavia...

@NikhilR I really dont know if you were trolling with your first comment, but no, I think it's not too healthy to let sex life influence/manipulate your art life (or, put in other words, professional life). Your creativity and artistic skills should hopefully be able to stand on their own and not be tied to you seducing the opposite sex. 

• NikhilR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NikhilR polycounter
    @Justo - Ah makes sense, I wasn't aware earlier that you kept a latino cock (rooster) and were into european jungle fowl.

But do you mean to say they don't care about your art? That's rather unfortunate, I mean it could probably lead to a deeper connection of sorts, and you wouldn't need to maintain a whole clutch of hens (can get pretty expensive)

How do you manage to manipulate/seduce them into laying good eggs and still have time for art? 

Personally i would prefer a pedigree hen you love and care about and are in a healthy relationship with.
       I've found its positive influence on ones art and diet far more meaningful than a casual romp in the bush.
       But each to his own.
       Heres to a great breakfast be it the main course or a large order of sides!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOD0XCm57d8

• Justo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    ...You never stop surprising me Polycount. 
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @justo he really is getting some mileage out of the bird theme :D 
    Well, best of luck with Poland. Personally there's nowhere in Europe I'd rather be than the Mediterranean. Yes, I've been to Alicante. Too many non-Spanish for my liking. :) My Spanish is a little rusty but I got the gist of what you wrote. I miss not being able to practice my Spanish every day. How are you finding the Poles? I always found them to be a very dour bunch. Maybe they were stuck under Commumism too long. Are you from Argentina? That's a place I've always wanted to go. A few of my friends have been and said it was amazing.
  • Justo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    @musashidan Today after bachata the first 2 guys and 2 girls I tried engaging for talk responded with a very lukewarm, leave-me-alone attitude. I don't think I was being a creep either. I was able in the end to have a long, casual talk with the 3rd girl, but yeah, they can be cold and distant sometimes; I suppose you can't give up and need to push through.

Argentina is a big place, you would probably find something to really like if you look in the right area. Mountains, beaches, patagonia, arts, wine, steak, etc. Like most ppl though I see my country not as an exotic place but just ol' boring home :D And quite pricey and dangerous to go around alone at night too, nowadays! 

I've always wanted to go to Ireland - Irish and Australian accents have always been my fav english accents. So melodic!