Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hotel Crime Scene [UE4] - Looking for Critique/Feedback

tonyblu331
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
tonyblu331 polycounter lvl 5
Hello everyone,

This is the current state of a scene that I have been working on. I know there is room for improvements, but my eyes are already used to it so I am looking for some feedback here so others can spot what I can't and also give me ways to improve the scene. Thanks!

Replies

• kwagner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwagner polycounter lvl 5
    A crime scene literally tells a story of events leading up to the crime, and this one to me just says the body was dumped in an unbooked room. The chair knocked over and the blood on the TV are nice, but it needs more of that as a whole.  I feel like the mirror would be shattered,  both from being punctured and just from the force. You could have glass all over the desk, which would help, too.

But I really feel like there isn't a big sign of a struggle, which would make this more interesting. Mess the bed coverings up, make the mattress look like it was pushed off-center, etc.
  • tonyblu331
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tonyblu331 polycounter lvl 5
    kwagner said:
    A crime scene literally tells a story of events leading up to the crime, and this one to me just says the body was dumped in an unbooked room. The chair knocked over and the blood on the TV are nice, but it needs more of that as a whole.  I feel like the mirror would be shattered,  both from being punctured and just from the force. You could have glass all over the desk, which would help, too.

But I really feel like there isn't a big sign of a struggle, which would make this more interesting. Mess the bed coverings up, make the mattress look like it was pushed off-center, etc.
    Gotcha ya, thanks a lot for the feedback.
  • redhonour
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    redhonour polycounter lvl 8
    Good start! And I agree with kwagner. It might help to take a screenshot and shrink it to thumbnail size to see how quickly your crime scene theming disappears at a distance.