Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tracked Rover

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
theobi55 polycounter lvl 2
Been working on this every chance I get over the past two months. I want it to be a vehicle that runs on snow, but now I'm out of ideas on how to continue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first ever polycount post. 

Replies

• CybranM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator
    Model looks great, nice job :smiley:

Are you asking for help with more details on the highpoly or are you asking how to make it game-ready?
    Do you have any specific reference that you're following or are you making your own treads etc?
  • HAWK12HT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAWK12HT polycounter lvl 12
    This is looking great already, though design wise I would say increase the thickness of exhaust that is poping out of engine all the way to side of windshield. Secondly scale down the whole track system down as its not reading well with the overall top of the vehicle, think of it in terms of engine output and where the passengers will go inside. Since its some long range explorer type vehicle how about a more wide upper cargo hold grill and some small logs or a ladder may be both hanging on sides for those special tricky situations when you get stuck. Lastly top it off with maybe some portable tent cloth.
    All the best, looking forward to the finished version. I would do this in super canary yellow with red.

• theobi55
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM said:
    Model looks great, nice job :smiley:

Are you asking for help with more details on the highpoly or are you asking how to make it game-ready?
    Do you have any specific reference that you're following or are you making your own treads etc?
    I need help on the highpoly. I know how to get it game-ready. And yes, I have some reference. I want it to be a winter ride.be a 
  • theobi55
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAWK12HT said:
    This is looking great already, though design wise I would say increase the thickness of exhaust that is poping out of engine all the way to side of windshield. Secondly scale down the whole track system down as its not reading well with the overall top of the vehicle, think of it in terms of engine output and where the passengers will go inside. Since its some long range explorer type vehicle how about a more wide upper cargo hold grill and some small logs or a ladder may be both hanging on sides for those special tricky situations when you get stuck. Lastly top it off with maybe some portable tent cloth.
    All the best, looking forward to the finished version. I would do this in super canary yellow with red.

Thank a lot! I'm going to need some help finding some good reference for the tent cloth and other cargo objects though. Thanks again!