Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Forgotten Temple

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Droswing polycounter lvl 6
Looking for feedback on this!

I've been wanting to do an environment on unreal engine 4 for a long time, so her it is :smiley:

Done in unreal engine 4 with maya, zbrush, speedtree, substance painter and designer.

A link to my artstation if you want to see more : https://www.artstation.com/droswing

Beauty render.

Foliages.

Props & Rocks.

Textures.

Thanks for your help :)

Replies

• perrivince
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    perrivince polycounter lvl 11
    I love light shafts, but that is a lot of light shafts.
    Looks good overall, I think your individual assets need a bit of work, floor foliage feels a bit stiff - the hanging stuff looks nice from what I can tell (no breakdown shot). Bricks are a bit boring, and rock textures feel a bit low res? just a bit blobby compared to everything else. Your Designer work is pretty good though!  

But as a scene I think its good! Nice job!
  • frmdbl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frmdbl polycounter
    1. The thing that sticks out the most is lack of SSS/Backlighting on the vegetations, make sure you use the TwoSided foliage shader with some opacity and SSS colors.

2.The foliage texture could use more color/value variation and some more rotational variation.

3.The arch and the brick walls seem to have no normal map detail, they look sort of late PS2-ish, which is strabge cause in isolation the Substance materials look pretty cool. I'd make sure you export presets work fine, and in general increase the normal depth and maybe make them less rough regardless.

• Droswing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Droswing polycounter lvl 6
    nice thanks you at you two !
    i'm going to fix that. :smile: