Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Roman Dzikh

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
apollo580 polycounter lvl 9
Going to try and post here often with things I'm working on. Below is a sort of timeline of some of my models going back to when I started in 2014ish. I work full-time in a non-art related field but have always loved game art and possibly working as a freelance artist on the side when my skills get there. Critique is always welcome!

Sometime in 2014, first "real" attempt at my own character concept:

Early 2015 

2015 - First attempt at textures, only photoshop

Mid - Late 2015

Polycount Challenge November 2016

October 2017

November 2017

Polycount Challenge November 2017 - First try at Handpainted

Sometime from January 2018 - July 2018 for these next few

And for present day! I am working on the Art War 3 Contest on Cubebrush. Submission is this Sunday so I have a few days to finish up texturing, posing, and renders.

Here are some high poly sculpts above and my current experimentation with colours!

As always I welcome and appreciate critique!

Replies

• apollo580
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Getting to the finished state for the ArtWar 3! I chose the colours from #1 and am now trying to get the final product in substance. After that I will pose it out and get some renders going!
  • apollo580
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished the Art War 3 challenge! Here are some final renders!
  • apollo580
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Working on a new character and going to try and focus on my desire to create stylized characters moving forward. I'm trying to go for a semi-stylized look in the likeness of Overwatch.

My next character is going to be based on a world I'm creating. The idea is that I come up with a backstory to a race of humans that are far and beyond what normal humans are capable of. They aren't god tier but are faster, smarter, and stronger then average humans. They eventually get exiled and flee the "normal" human cities and create their own kingdom on an island off the main continent. This is where I will try and create a living island in Unreal Engine.

This first model will be the average soldier, and from here I intended to create multiple hair styles, heads, and clothing pieces.

So far I have the anatomy done and am redoing the hair. Then I'll start concepting different styles of armour for the standard soldier, I'm thinking of a sharp "elvish" design with realistic armour pieces in how they connect and function.

Critique is always welcome!

• apollo580
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More progress!

• apollo580
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished Marine!

• apollo580
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My current WIP #1, currently on hold until I finish my WIP #2

And....My second WIP, a recreation of my first ever model from 2014!