Toolbag 3.05 Crashing With Auto-Reload Meshes/Breaks File

CJE
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
CJE polycounter lvl 9
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this issue or knows of a fix.

When baking with Marmoset I create a bake group, do my bakes as normal. I then make a change one of the high or low poly meshes outside of Marmoset, save and go back to Marmoset. Marmoset should auto-reload the mesh so I can rebake. Marmoset hangs for about 2 minutes and then crashes. If I then try re-open that marmoset file, it hangs for 2 minutes and then crashes. 

My only way around this currently is to remake my Marmoset file every single time I make any change to any mesh. This is happening with very small low poly meshes as well as larger high poly meshes and everything in between. Any change crashes and breaks the file.

I've tired reinstalling Marmoset as well as updating Nvidia drivers.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Hi Chad, I am sorry to hear about your problem. Can you verify which version of Toolbag you're using? The latest is 3.05 (3053), you can go to About -> Help to check the version. If you're not on 3053, please try updating, either by following the in-app update prompt or by downloading the installer from https://www.marmoset.co/toolbag

If that doesn't resolve the problem, please send a description of the problem and a copy of one of your crashing scenes to [email protected]

• JackPerry
    Offline / Send Message
    JackPerry polycounter lvl 2
    Hey Guys,

I'm having the same, or at least similar problem and have been having so over the last couple of version updates. I'm currently running 3.07
    Either auto, or manual reloading of bake meshes hard crashes the program. It doesn't hang for me, just disappears.
    Neither mesh is particularly high poly.
    This is really slowing down my workflow and becoming quite frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • EarthQuake
    JackPerry said:
    Hey Guys,

I'm having the same, or at least similar problem and have been having so over the last couple of version updates. I'm currently running 3.07
    Either auto, or manual reloading of bake meshes hard crashes the program. It doesn't hang for me, just disappears.
    Neither mesh is particularly high poly.
    This is really slowing down my workflow and becoming quite frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi Jack, could you please email [email protected] so we can follow up with this problem?

Be sure to include as many details as possible, such as the application you're exporting from, file format, if there is anything unique about your scene (special objects or that sort of thing), and a copy of your Toolbag scene file and mesh files.
  • mrgesy
    Offline / Send Message
    mrgesy polycounter lvl 5
    @EarthQuake I have the same issue. I can't send the files because its work files. I seem to have found the culprit, hopefully its the only reason it crashes. I'm on 3.07

Basically all meshes need to have a _high and _low version in their groups. Any mesh that doesn't have a corresponding _high partner e.g cube101 will make the program crash during reloading when you reexport from software into Marmoset.

Cube.078 has no group, causing the program to crash on reload.
  • JackPerry
    Offline / Send Message
    JackPerry polycounter lvl 2
    @mrgesy I think you might have just cracked it! Thanks a lot :)