Studio397 is based in the Netherlands and has a global team of developers and artists building motorsport simulators. Our mission is to create the most realistic, accurate and engaging sim racing platform to date, through advanced physics, new graphics engine and competition infrastructure.
We are looking for a talented and capable Environment Artist who has experience in setting up Lighting on a pre-existing pipeline to join our team on a full time basis. As a secondary responsibility we would like the same artist to have an understanding of VFX. You will be working on a new project and have the opportunity to work closely with senior artists and using an existing pipeline to configure the lighting on large outdoor environments.
We will provide the necessary hardware and software, a good working environment and education in any tools that you might not know. The job advertised is for a remote position although European location is essential. Travel will occasionally be required for training.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a selection of the following:
* A selection of expansive outdoor environments that you have configured the lighting for
* Quality game art for outdoor environments
- A strong understanding of artistic fundamentals such as colour theory, direct, indirect light and luminance.
- Technical knowledge of lighting with in game engines as well as a strong understanding of PBR.
- At least 2 years of experience in the game industry
- Knowledge of real-time game engines such as Unreal Engine, Unity, Crytek etc.
- Strong knowledge of how to use Substance Designer
- Strong modelling skills (3ds Max or equivalent 3D package, Low Poly, UVW Unwrapping etc)
- Strong texturing skills (Photoshop, Substance, Quixel etc)
- Ability to accurately estimate time required to complete work, and to keep said deadlines
- Strong communication skills and experience of working in a team
- A good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- A natural desire to learn and improve, as well as help others learn and improve
- Available to travel internationally for training
- Based in Europe
- Animated VFX experience desirable
- Experience of remote working
- A passion for Motorsport
Competitive - Dependent on Experience.
How to Apply
To apply please include a cover letter explaining how you meet the criteria described above, your CV and portfolio. Please also let us know about your availability. This can all be sent to [email protected]. Please note that we may request you to carry out an art test to demonstrate your abilities. We look forward to hearing from you soon!