Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Verisof

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Verisof08 polycounter lvl 3
              Hello, my name is Andrew, or Verisof  (nickname) I am a highschool student from Romania aspiring to become a concept artist or an illustrator at a video game company. I'm creating this thread mostly to track my progress but I am open to any kind of critique, opinion or ideas. Feel free to say or to ask anything, we are a community after all  :)
             What I,m going to post here is anything from concept art sheets or illustrations to sketches and doodles.
             Since this is the "headline" of the thread  I would like to give some information about my journey as an artist so far. Like every kid, when I was little, I liked to draw. I mostly preferred  doodleing dinosaurs or characters that I found interesting, from games or movies. Drawing was like a little passion but when I started maturing a bit I lost interest in it, drawing less and less. Even being at an art school for the whole middle school period didn't motivate me. Although, when I started highschool thoughts about my future filled my mind "what am I gonna do when I grow up" or "how will my future be" and that made me think about trying to get better at drawing. As I said, I liked to draw characters so I started studying anatomy and doing figure drawings. Unhappiness was my friend for the first few weeks but by drawing every day, I started seeing improvement and motivation took the place of unhappiness. Long story short, since then I've taken drawing and art in general as a passion. I've been drawing every day almost since then accompanied by the usual art blocks.
                In June, last year, I got my first drawing tablet, the one that I'm also using now (a Wacom Intuos Pro). That's when I started doing "concept art" and getting in depth with character design. Even though some of my first "concepts" were pretty unpolished and raw it was the start of something. Fast forward today and I'm still struggling a bit with anatomy and color, portraits and composition. I'm far from mastering the basics but work is not over until I reach my goal (not even then, haha), so good luck in your own journey and I hope I can inspire someone by posting my work here.

P.S. : If you like my work you can follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/blank.concept/ 
         (I don't have an artstation account yet but I'm planning to make one in the future)

Replies