Home Technical Talk

Geometry constrain on a car : when the car is moving, the geometry constrain doesnt work (maya 18)

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
bybyle polycounter lvl 4
Hello,

So as the title says , I have a problem with the geometry contrain. 
I rigged a dynamic car (works well), but now I need to make the car interact with the ground. So I was thinking about geometry constrain. 
So I did it for my wheels. I almost think it was working, lol.

When I move the ground, alright it's working. But when I move the car and animate it, crap it doesnt work. I guess it's maybe the way geometry constrain works, first time using it. But is there a way to avoid this problem and to make it work when the ar is Moving? 
To Apply the constrain, I just selected the ground, then the Wheel, then applied the constrain.
I'm still working on it myself, but if someone has a suggestion, it is welcome !

Or maybe is there another way to do it, without the constrain? 

I used this tutorial to rig the car : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jgv2YqoX88

Thanks a lot for your time,

EDIT: I found out the problem (didnt resolved it tho): The controller i'm Moving the car with doesnt contain the wheels (because of the rig), So If I move the wheels alone, the geometry constrain works and it interact well. I tried to parent it, but then the whole car interacts with the ground, not just the wheels. What should I do?