Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Bond girl

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
HazelTheHobbit greentooth
Hi! Finally got round to making a thread for this woman I'm working on- giving my other ongoing projects a bit of a rest since I was feeling a bit lost with them and deciding to focus on something more grounded and make it into a solid portfolio piece. I'm thinking like a Bond kinda style with some 20s fashion influence and generally a whole lot of badass.

Latest updates:

The idea is to have her hold up with/without her coat.

Based roughly on this image:

It was really important that I practice marvelous designer for this project, pretty happy with the turnout compared to my usual marvelous stuff!

Replies

• HazelTheHobbit
    Offline / Send Message
    Not an awful lot of progress since the last update butttt she's almost done, just got the gun and the holster to do which definitely need some major ref- so difficult to find good pictures of the kinda thing I'm after.

Have spent some time trying to research into how I'm gonna approach the fur jacket- got a couple of ideas but really need to get into it and try it out 

• HazelTheHobbit
    Offline / Send Message
    More updates, did a bit of self reflection and tried to look at my work as if it wasn't mine and was able to pick up some things that needed fixing/doing better.
    Still working through that but the jumper needs a bit of a looking at, definitely the coat sleeves, trouser top, shoes and anything else I find as I go! 

Kinda realised I was rushing a bit because I got spooked by telltale's closure and felt like I needed to update my portfolio asap haha. No good updating portfolio if it's sub-par work though! 

• HazelTheHobbit
    Offline / Send Message
    Some more updates from today, changed her hairstyle- I wanted to see what I could do with her hair when it comes to the realtime version and I thought the bun would be a bit too easy and wouldn't allow me to practice what I wanted.

I also gave her some skin detail with the new texturingXYZ stuff that also includes albedo. Going back into her face and adding a few more secondary forms now that the micro detail has made it obvious its lacking 

Also trying to get my head round her gun holster :) 

• HazelTheHobbit
    Offline / Send Message
    Some nicer renders 

• HazelTheHobbit
    Offline / Send Message
    I was getting close to finishing the highpoly but I've actually decided to go back in and add more character and story to her- I've added these glasses and gloves and I'll be adding a few other bits (and changing her shoes) to make her a bit more of a biker/explorer/gun for hire kinda gal. I think it'll make for a much more interesting piece and it'll make the rest of the process more enjoyable :) 

• HazelTheHobbit
    Offline / Send Message
    Forgot I had this thread! Completely remade the jacket and shoes. Highpoly is mostly done now aside from final small details! 

• bkost
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    Hey Hazel, its coming along well. I think you could work on your fabric material some more though. The folds on the arms seem to be too blobby. The ironed pants look pretty good. There could be some refining done on the intersection with the boot. Some more reference would be nice. The one thing I think you really nailed is the torso section of the pants

@HazelTheHobbit