Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Digital double ...Mark Strong

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
DEEPENDRA DEV JAISHI polycounter lvl 11
This is a personal project with workflows of an digital double type character trying to achieve a realistic interpretation just by using photo some reference from internet. 
I am learning Digital Double so any suggestions are really appreciated.

https://youtu.be/Izj4pUKH-B0

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    First I want to thank you , your post was extremely useful to me
    I have few question if is not too much to ask :
    Do you know what your name mean [if that's your real name]?
    Have you study facial and surface anatomy before [books/busts/3d scan/drawing] ?
    How did you manage to use tracing and not get even basic likeness , could you describe your process step by step [do you have yourself recorded during blocking a head or working on this project]?
    Even lighting is different could you point any difference you could find in both image ?

• DEEPENDRA DEV JAISHI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for you reply/questions @carvuliero .
    I appreciate that you have some good questions for me..i guess this will help me to learn more and in depth.

Do you know what your name mean [if that's your real name]?: Yes i do and it means Lord of lights.
    Have you study facial and surface anatomy before [books/busts/3d scan/drawing] ?: I am learning facial aanatomy and skull structures.
    How did you manage to use tracing and not get even basic likeness , could you describe your process step by step [do you have yourself recorded during blocking a head or working on this project]? I was trying to match the heas feom different angles so i guess i have lost the likeness.Any suggestion how would u have achieved basic likeness matching different camera angles.
    Even lighting is different could you point any difference you could find in both image ?: Yes i can see some difference now.Also i may be worng but is there any issue/difference with the Focal length in two differnt images. 

Hope your answers will help me a lot.

Also can you please tell me how my post was extremely useful to you.
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Cool name
    Ok I just realize what have you done
    Do you think x1 or x11 and x2 are the same person ?
    So basically I found that you can rely only one 1 view to align and take measurements and side view is the best candidate for that purpose.For a basic likeness check last image and red lines in second if you have this relations right you will have likeness
    "Also can you please tell me how my post was extremely useful to you."
    ::Saw you post and got one of those aha moment

• DEEPENDRA DEV JAISHI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @carvuliero This will help me a lot.Thanks for this cool guidelines.I think i will rework on this...
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    The first couple of human models I tried to do by tracing, and the results were pretty far off. I think there is some errors in conversion between 2d and 3d, so it's better to really study your model with your eyes first, then relate that to what you know about human anatomy, and then as Carvuleiro is saying, begin your work. Just because your tracing matches up, does not mean you will end up with a good likeness.