Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

2D art journal: antheia.vaulor

triangle
Offline / Send Message
AntheiaVaulor triangle
Hi! :) Hope everyone of you are having a great day!
My name's Diana (antheia.vaulor) and recently I've started improving my drawing skills. I'm hoping to work as a concept artist someday, also I'm studying basic 3D and matte painting. 

I'll be glad if you'll have some critique or a piece of advice for me, cause it helps to improve a lot. ^^

If you want to check my other works, you can find me here:
https://www.artstation.com/antheiavaulor
https://www.deviantart.com/antheiavaulor

Replies

• AntheiaVaulor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AntheiaVaulor triangle
    Here are some recent concepts I did as the homework.

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    For some reason your sketches look great full of movement and variety but in the same time your colored version are boring and lacking this dynamic and playful vibe , you should definitely working on  your rendering techniques and picking a good pose for your final illustration
    You could also consider working as storyboard or comic artist or in 2d animation
  • AntheiaVaulor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AntheiaVaulor triangle
    For some reason your sketches look great full of movement and variety but in the same time your colored version are boring and lacking this dynamic and playful vibe , you should definitely working on  your rendering techniques and picking a good pose for your final illustration
    You could also consider working as storyboard or comic artist or in 2d animation
    Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm trying to fix my render. Recently I read a great book about anatomy and pose dynamic, so it might be the reason. ^^'

• AntheiaVaulor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AntheiaVaulor triangle
    Trying to draw concept on voodoo and Baron Samedi now.
    This is WIP, so I'll be very grateful to hear any critic and opinions on this one. ^^''
    The previous sketch also here, but I've changed some stuff. I'll add paint on the face and body later.

• AntheiaVaulor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AntheiaVaulor triangle
    Concept of the post-apocalyptic countryside from the personal project.
  • AntheiaVaulor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AntheiaVaulor triangle
    Concept of the post-apocalyptic countryside from the personal project.
  • azpimar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    azpimar polycounter lvl 2
    Trying to draw concept on voodoo and Baron Samedi now.
    This is WIP, so I'll be very grateful to hear any critic and opinions on this one. ^^''
    The previous sketch also here, but I've changed some stuff. I'll add paint on the face and body later.

Hi Diana!
    I really like your voodo character. If I have a critic, I recommend you to study your characters silhouette before adding details, the reading of the pose must be clear. Your voodo guy body is falling to the left and people won't know if he's floating or standing in one foot (I assume by the pressure of the foot he's dancing or floating). 
    I redrawed the pose so you can see the difference. Also another thing helps a lot is studing acting poses and silhouette from 2d movies. Hope this can help you :)