Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mossberg 590 Shockwave

Replies

• CybranM
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator
    I'd suggest posting a few images here in this thread instead of just linking to artstation. The thread doesnt look very appealing without any images.

I like the mould line and material on the forend but the model as a whole looks generic.
    If you could add some flair to the gun, perhaps a sight or a belt of ammunition, it would benefit the model a lot I think.
  • MarcoAntonio
    Offline / Send Message
    MarcoAntonio polycounter lvl 6
    CybranM is right. You should post some pictures here if you want people to see them at least (not a lot of people would lose their time to click in your artstation link).

On the other hand, I have seen your pictures and it looks fine. However, you should work a bit more on those textures: they look flat and boring.  As base materials they look fine but it is just that: Where is the dirt, the grunge, damages, is it telling a story...? There is a lot you could do there.

Besides, try to put some information in your pictures: If someone download them they will not be able to find the artist after sometime. Try to write your name, you portfolio url...

Moreover, there are a lot of polygons that are not needed there. There are a lot of ideas that seem to be missing in your work. Try to see other artists work to see how they have done it. 

So, In spite of the fact you could definitely improve it, it is fine. Keep it up!!