Home Adobe Substance

Problems with new SSS outputs to Redshift

moraff
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
moraff polycounter lvl 4
Hey all,

I love working with Painter and traditionally I take my outputs and get them working inside Redshift for Maya if I wanna render out any kind of animation work. I'm not as shader-savvy, getting a good looking SSS result has been something I've wanted to make time for and get a hang of. 

I figured dropping the Scattering output from Substance Painter into the Scatter Scale slot of a Reshift Material shader would hopefully set up the scattering amount I was looking for, then setting the transmittance color to something appropriate for my model (this one's an orc, so I figure a light green/yellow would look good). It... wasn't quite what I was looking for and definitely did not match what I got from iRay.

If there are any expert Substance Painter > Redshift users out there who could show me what I'm supposed to be doing I'd be super appreciative.

Here's my skin test from Redshift, it looks like the scatter map is coming in super harsh. The ring around his eye is not nearly as noticeable in Painter & IRay.

Here are my settings for the Redshift Material shader inside Maya.