Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

German MP-40

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
eCstatic polycounter lvl 14
I haven't used substance painter in a while and wanted to get back into the swing of things. Please do your worst!

Early Version:

Finished Version:

Replies

• Gustavo_Elliott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gustavo_Elliott polycounter lvl 4
    Hey man, I want to commend you on your hard work, it looks good overall, what resolution are your textures? can we see your UV layout? also, I don't know if it is an issue with the model viewer or if its an actual shading issue but I'll attach a picture, rotate around the centered wear and tear to the right of the knob and it will look as though you may have an overlapping face in the model on both sides or maybe a duplicate vertex?  like I said though could just be the viewer making artifacts. 
  • eCstatic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eCstatic polycounter lvl 14
    Hey man, I want to commend you on your hard work, it looks good overall, what resolution are your textures? can we see your UV layout? also, I don't know if it is an issue with the model viewer or if its an actual shading issue but I'll attach a picture, rotate around the centered wear and tear to the right of the knob and it will look as though you may have an overlapping face in the model on both sides or maybe a duplicate vertex?  like I said though could just be the viewer making artifacts.
    You can see my UV layout with the model inspector if you go to 2D mode. I'm using 2 x 2048 texture sets and I just realized that I exported my maps in .jpeg which made them look compressed & blurry Ive re-uploaded my maps in .png the result is much sharper now

you're right about the face overlap this is something I will fix