Home Technical Talk

How to align UV polygons sizes?

Hello everyone. I need help with UVW. Details by normal map are in certain parts of the head like mouth or nose in a bad quality. I understand why. It's because UV polygons are too small. Are there ways to set up same polygons sizes.

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Cut that area out and relax it. Just be careful you don't have too much disparity between the texel density of the cut-out lips and the rest of the face. 

Alternatively, if you don't want any seams on the face, you could try unwrapping it something like this to give the face a bit more room to relax with.

• WusikiJeronii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alternatively, if you don't want any seams on the face, you could try unwrapping it something like this to give the face a bit more room to relax with.

I tried to relax need areas by standard 4D UV tools. Yeah, need areas have  become smoother, but I still have a problem - polygons are too small. I will download maya tommorow and will try to do something there.

• WusikiJeronii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seems I understand a solving. I selected need areas and scaled it out with soft selection and then just used relax - polygons have become bigger. I will try to make more accurate UV and then I will share results.

• WusikiJeronii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've got enough result in 3d, but my next question is about 2d. is this UV correct?