Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

CyberGirl - Josan Gonzalez inspired

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
bkost interpolator
Hi all,
here is where I'll be documenting my work for a character based off of one of Josan's drawings. Feel free to comment and critique

Latest Work - 

2d Piece by Josan

Replies

• bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    Still figuring out how much I want to delineate from the art piece. Realism versus cel shading. Here's a cel shaded effect I've been experimenting with in UE4 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYRqLRmePCI
  • Fodenn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fodenn polycounter lvl 2
    It start out great ! The way you modeled and textured the hand would lead you to a cell-shaded look in my opinion, even if your coat and your boots look quite realist.
  • bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
  • bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    Hi @Fodenn Thank you (:

I reworked the entire jacket today in Marvelous Designer. Rather than a generic puff jacket, I focused on a Demoboza jacket that I feel fits her better. 

here's the MD Garment Pattern

• dGreenberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    She's coming along great, @bkost! Shapes are looking super clean and the Marvelous clothing is reading super well. The new jacket suits her much better in my opinion and you've got some gorgeous folds and to details in there. I think it'd be cool to see semi realistic PBR textures on her, especially with the metal contrasting with the hair and jacket materials, but I'm sure it'll look great with either look. 
  • bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    Hey @dGreenberg, thank you man! Yeah I'm definitely leaning towards the realistic textures. That's more of my cup of tea and I'll be able to put a little bit of my own twist to the piece instead of directly copying it.

Here is another update, I've touched up the proportions and anatomy and have started on the head sculpt. I can't wait to tackle the cybernetic hardsurface half of her face. One thing I've been struggling with is her back midsection, I've gotta put some more time into studying that region.

• bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    Progress so far! - 
    -Clothing is baked onto Lowpoly and unwrapped
    -Body and Face is sculpted
    -Hair Ref is being built for Hair Card placement
    -And the cybernetic face piece is just getting started in dynamesh phase.

I've began to texture my clothing now to take a break from all the sculpting and tedious baking/LP work.

• bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    Here are some more progress shots. I'm nearing completion of the clothing texturing. Still a little stuck on nailing down the puffer jacket material.
    Now focusing on the cybernetic head piece, this is my first time diving into organic hardsurface. It's pretty tough! Duplicate Special and using instances has been a serious time saver.