Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Max Caulfield

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
andyvargas polycounter lvl 5
Hi guys! i love Life is strange and thought of making a fanart of Max! shes def my favorite character. I made her using 3ds max and haindpainted her textures in photoshop! I really hope you guys like her^^

model
model

plus some little animations i made for twitter^^

Replies

• bigdeku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bigdeku polycounter lvl 2
    I love the amount of expression you managed to get out of character's face. Is it rigged with bones or blendshapes?

Also is that detailing on the bottom of the camera your own creation or is that in the game? (I haven't played it).

The only criticism I'd give is the flash bulb on the camera could do with some work, maybe with just a transparent layer or a depth map.
  • andyvargas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awh thank you very much! yes i rigged her face^^ i dont know much about rigging, so what i did is to put some bones linked to her face^^ and you are totally right i think i should have done something like that in post! to be honest i thought of it but you just made me remember it hehe. The line "always take the shot" and the butterfly are from the game, tho the star dust following the butterfly its from a twitter meme hehe
  • theStoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff greentooth
    Again well done my friend! Are you using joint scaling in that rig? Just noticed that on the cheek.
  • bigdeku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bigdeku polycounter lvl 2
    @andyvargas  Wow, that rig is cool. I always think facial rigs are the most fun part of rigging. (Apart from doing bendy joints! - That's also a good time). Did you just learn to do rigs like that in school?

Yeah I find so often with making art things do occur to you but you just don't have time to fix everything, you just have to ship it and post it I guess!

@theStoff
    Hey Mr Stoff, do you realise the Artstation link on your signature and profile isn't working?

• andyvargas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @bigdeku awh thanks again! back at school, everything was just animation focused^^ this is just experimenting with things to make my life easier (since im not a rigger) and that don't require lots of time and are engine friendly c:
    haha yea that happens, i should make a list of things or ideas to keep track of them !
  • andyvargas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @theStoff ahhhh Christoph!! T_T you are always so kind and supportive! THANKS LOTS! and yes! kind of? the biped rig on 3ds max wont let you scale the joints so i made her head out of helpers (they are scaleable, i think in maya are similar to the locators?) those like always friendly green crosses^^
  • theStoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff greentooth
    @andyvargas Oh neat. I should try playing around with that stuff on my own face animations :) Thanks! Keep up the good work!

@bigdeku Well what do you know haha. I did not realize that. Thanks for the heads up! All fixed now :p

• dGreenberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    It's always fun to see your character style, @andyvargas! The animations are always so expressive and bright, and it's great to see the WIP face rig as well. Glad to see her posted here!
  • andyvargas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @dGreenberg awh buddy! thank you so much! it really means a lot that you like her :'D im trying to make more personal work and i hope to be more active here as well^^ its an amazing community!