Home Technical Talk

3Ds MAX multiple objects UV for one texture (render to texture)

Okin
null
Offline / Send Message
Okin null

Hi, I want to create only one texture of multiple objects. I have read about attach the objects but than I only get one mapping but every object should have an own mapping.

the pictures below show what kind of result I want to achive.

-picture 1: this is the complete texture of all objects generated with "render to texture"-

-picture 2: "texture" mapping of an object-

-picture 3: "texture" mapping of another object-

does someone know how I can achieve the results seen in the pictures?

Replies

• Noren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noren polycounter lvl 19
    I'm not quite sure if I understand 100% what you want to do, but you can edit UVs of several objects at once. If you want to render them in a single render you'll have to attach them, though (at least temporally).
    Maybe take a look at tools like Flatiron if you have lots of similar situations.
  • Okin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okin null
    Noren said:
    I'm not quite sure if I understand 100% what you want to do, but you can edit UVs of several objects at once. If you want to render them in a single render you'll have to attach them, though (at least temporally).
    Maybe take a look at tools like Flatiron if you have lots of similar situations.
    Thanks for the reply. I think the Flatiron tool will help me alot.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't need to purchase Flatiron to do this. Just add a UVW Unwrap to all your objects, Pack UVs. Then duplicate your objects, attach them all together, and use RTT to bake the single map. Then simply delete the "all-attached" duplicate. You could easily script something like this.