Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] - PBR Diablo Environment ( Feedback Please )

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
KrakenPro polycounter lvl 4

Hey guys! I will be uploading over here my WIPs regarding the scene I am currently working on! I've decided to go and try to do a Diablo-inspired environment. Using some of the concept art done for Heroes of the Storm, as well as my original ones, I'm trying to create a believable scene that can be found in HotS/Diablo. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I want to create a bridge that can be found in the Burning Hells. Nothing too big so I can concentrate on nailing the overall feel and atmosphere/visual style. 

Cheers!

Replies

• KrakenPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

[Update]

I worked on the support for the bridge, the goal was to give the impression of demonic hands being the one to keep it up. I will continue to play with the texture on it, maybe go a little bit darker than it currently is. 
  • KrakenPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys!
    Long time since the last update, but I have finally some more time to work on my scene! I'm pretty happy with the overall mood, I will be adding some props and animate some elements to get it to feel more alive  :smile: 
    I would love to get some feedback :smiley:  
    Cheers! 

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Hey, I don't really have any feedback, but I am watching your progression here, and it looks awesome :)
  • KrakenPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Ashervisalis Thanks man! Glad to hear that you like it so far! I will make sure to update more frequently until the end  :)
  • Doxturtle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Doxturtle polycounter lvl 8
    That's some nice progress, good work on the ground material. That fire pit looks really cool too  :)
  • Syrtax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Syrtax polycounter lvl 3
    Great work so far! 
    My feedback after comparing it with some screenshots of Diablo 3  / HOTS would be to tone down the shadows or soften them out a bit more and increasing the AO amount / radius :)

Faved - Excited to see more :smile: 
  • Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    Coming from someone who played most of blizzard's games (and diablo 3) i'd say your style has this blizzard-ish theme and it's done very nicely, and it reminds me more of Hots and WoW than d3 (i personally like sticking more to d3 rather than hots because it's a d3 inspired scene) but maybe that has to do with lighting and post process, however.
    There is definitely more contrast in d3 between the lava areas which have a bright and blooming light, and the rest of the scene that looks rather dark so if you want to showcase a different mood to it, i'd say try out d3 style lighting too :)
  • KrakenPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Doxturtle Thanks man! I'm working on a second ground texture that I will vertex paint to give even more life to it! :smile:
    @Syrtax Thank you! Oh yeah, I see what you mean, I will play around with it and post the result :smiley:
    @Larry Oh wow the fact that you find my work to have the blizzard-ish style really means a lot! Yes, I understand perfectly what you mean, in the beginning, my main goal was to really create a Diablo environment but in the HOTS Universe, however, your suggestion is interesting and I will definitely test it out to see how it looks with that sweet D3 lightning. It would be nice to have 2 different moods to show! :smiley:

• KrakenPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been quite busy this past month, but finally got some time to work on the props. I'm working on a loot chest and this is the upper part of it. Orb's rendering tips have been priceless!

As always, your feedback is welcomed! 

• KrakenPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This weekend I managed to sculpt some skulls and bones. They will be mainly placed in the cages above the lava!