Home Technical Talk

Photogrammetry - Any good turntables?

Hello everyone!

So after trying out two turntables for photogrammetry automation and running into issues on both, I have come to the aid of forums in the hopes that maybe someone on here has found a really good turntable solution.

So I have a SONY a68 camera. The first turntable I tried was the orange monkey foldio 360. Now this turntable did work fine but I made the mistake of not realizing that my camera does not have IR compatability even though it has a small IR receiver on the handle. Dumb mistake on my part...

So the next turntable I got was the photopizza d250 plywood and this looked really promising. Kind of don't like how I have to connect it to my phone but it worked perfect.... For one day... This morning the table no longer displays any information on its screen. Currently waiting on the maker to get back to me for troubleshooting or a refund.

The ideal turntable I am looking for would simply rotate X degrees for X amount of pictures in one rotation. Each time it rotates it waits for X amount of time and tells my camera to snap a pic.

Trying to find something around 200 bucks or less. Been searching photography turntables online for a long time but I just can't seem to find anything good. 

https://www.ortery.com/photography-equipment/photocapture-series/photocapture-360/ This looked promising but is not compatible with SONY cameras...

So has anyone found anything of good quality that works for them?

Thanks!

Replies