Home Marmoset

Please Help: Intersection Errors WITH Baking Groups

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
aFlickerFromBeyond polycounter lvl 3
I've been trying to bake out a normal map in Marmoset Toolbag 3.0.3. I have my baking groups set up nicely and I'm still getting intersection errors. Does anyone know what's going on?????

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can you verify that your high and low poly meshes match up? If they are not aligned correctly the ray-tracer may be hitting something unexpected.

Also double check that for each group, there is a high and low poly mesh assigned and that those meshes are correct.
  • aFlickerFromBeyond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aFlickerFromBeyond polycounter lvl 3
    Can you verify that your high and low poly meshes match up? If they are not aligned correctly the ray-tracer may be hitting something unexpected.

Also double check that for each group, there is a high and low poly mesh assigned and that those meshes are correct.
    The high and low poly meshes do match up, and there are both high and low poly meshes per group. I followed the proper naming conventions for both the high and low poly components: partname_high or partname_low for high and low poly respectively. I used the quick loader automatic assignment to save me the headache, but there is still headache lol. 

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay this is very interesting. Could you please send this scene and your high and low poly meshes along with an explanation of the problem to support@marmoset.co so we can debug it? Thanks!