Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sydney Losstarot - Vagrant Story - Retrogasm 2018

ruebenDodds
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
ruebenDodds polycounter lvl 11
Hey everyone! I will be creating a Sydney Losstarot from Vagrant Story Retrogasm 2018. 

The goal of the competition is to take an old (PS2 and back) character and get it up to today's standards. Style can range from handpainted to full realistic PBR.

I'm going to try to do my best to complete a game ready character for my portfolio piece.

Below is the concept art:

Replies

• ruebenDodds
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the current stage of the block for the character and any feedback is welcome in order to improve my skills overall. ^_^

• Popol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    Hey, make sure you get the overall proportion right before taking the character any further. Here's a paintover I made of how you could modify the proportions to get it closer to Sydney's figure.

Your block out is also quite "blobby", it would help to zremesher it to have less polygons thus have better control of the shapes.

• ruebenDodds
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still working away at this character making only small steps in the right direction, but it's being a challenge each step of the way. But still learning as I go along with it. Here is the development so far with it.

• ruebenDodds
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    With a bit of work on the head sculpt but I will have to find a way to blend this with the dynamesh base that I will be dividing up before working more on it.