Home Technical Talk

windows 10 security update F*CK* my photoshop cc 2018 *SOLUTION*

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
wirrexx quad damage
For everyone using a wacom tablet and noticing that their pen strokes moves the canvas instead of painting. 
This is the issue 

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2477079

and solution is 

von davescm am 11.04.2018 04:38 <<<HUGE CREDITS TO DAVESCM>>>
Hi

The latest windows update (KB4093112)  has caused an issue with the Wacom tablet and Photoshop.

You can either - undo the update

or

Do the following:

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location 
C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

3. Go to the Wacom tablet properties and for Photoshop under Mapping  uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

That is it - all should now work well

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A work buddy of mine ran into this issue. Turning off "ink and paint" in the wacom driver settings fixed the issue for him.
  • wirrexx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx quad damage
    A work buddy of mine ran into this issue. Turning off "ink and paint" in the wacom driver settings fixed the issue for him.
    Not for all though, me (using old bamboo) my college using a cintique, could not get that to work. =)
  • SnowInChina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
    i have a different problem with photoshop cs6 and i am not ashamed to use this thread to ask for help !

when i try to switch colors (x) or use some other ui elements, like gradient tools, or square, it takes 1-2 seconds to actually switch the tool
    this is driving me nuts, i have up to date drivers and a good system. photoshop is installed on a ssd
    the lag only happens if i have a document open and then it doesn't matter how big it is

• SeveredScion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SeveredScion polycounter lvl 12
    The PSUserConfig.txt trick is the only one that's reliably worked for me. But I always heard to write it like:
    # Use WinTab
    UseSystemStylus 0
    That's how I've always done it and it works for me.