Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

character on the way (wip)

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
FluffyHellhound polycounter lvl 6
Hello, this is an early wip of my character. I am steel practicing my anatomy so please feel free to leave any constructive feedback! Thanks

Replies

• FluffyHellhound
    Offline / Send Message
    made some changes. i figured the face was not looking ok, and the hands were a bit long, also I have redefined the muscles. Any c&c are welcomed
  • carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Either legs are too short or torso too long and this neck is monstrous
  • jacopoS
    Offline / Send Message
    jacopoS polycounter
    Hi,
    I think legs and torso length is overall OK. The problem is the height of the illiac crest apex. It should be much higher. Pull it all the way up to almost the same height of the belly button. This will make the legs look longer and the torso shorter without changing your overall proportions.

• zetheros
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros polycounter
    Hey @FluffyHellhound, Zbrush has some in-built tools that I think you could study and learn from. Particularly the Ryan Kingslien female anatomy, and there's also a few male base meshes in there, too. Hope it helps. 

• FluffyHellhound
    Offline / Send Message
    jacopoS said:
    Hi,
    I think legs and torso length is overall OK. The problem is the height of the illiac crest apex. It should be much higher. Pull it all the way up to almost the same height of the belly button. This will make the legs look longer and the torso shorter without changing your overall proportions.

Thank you very much, I will get back to it.
  • FluffyHellhound
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros said:
    Hey @FluffyHellhound, Zbrush has some in-built tools that I think you could study and learn from. Particularly the Ryan Kingslien female anatomy, and there's also a few male base meshes in there, too. Hope it helps. 

yup, thank you ,they are very useful, i actually know them and I also looked in Anatomy for Sculptors book and some other references, but sometimes my brain gets too used to the model and I cannot tell exactly what is wrong .I guess it will get better in time.